Ideas for monkfish please

stuey48

Local time
1:22 PM
Hi Guys
I'm looking for ideas. This is my first post. I like to buy monkfish fillets and wrap them in parma ham. They're delicious, but I'm looking for a sauce or puree to have with it. Butternut squash puree wasn't great, romesco sauce was better, but didn't go brilliantly with the parma ham. Any ideas?

Welcome to CookingBites stuey48. As is happens, monkfish is one of my favourite fish. Its very robust and will work fantastically well in a curry sauce. If you would like a simple recipe I could post it.

Otherwise, it will work well in a tomato sauce - almost any kind of tomato based sauce will work. Make the sauce first. Chop the monkfish into nice big pieces and add to the sauce to cook through.

...sorry. I probably misunderstood. You are looking for a sauce to go with the monkfish wrapped in parma ham.

I think a tomato based sauce would work - but how about a blue cheese sauce?

...sorry. I probably misunderstood. You are looking for a sauce to go with the monkfish wrapped in parma ham.

I think a tomato based sauce would work - but how about a blue cheese sauce?
That's a good idea. I've done monkfish with a chorizo 'ketchup' before, consisting of chopped tomatoes, roasted peppers, chorizo, paprika, etc. and reduced down, which worked well. I could do something similar, leaving out the chorizo as it would probably compete with the parma ham. Thanks for the idea.

That's a good idea. I've done monkfish with a chorizo 'ketchup' before, consisting of chopped tomatoes, roasted peppers, chorizo, paprika, etc. and reduced down, which worked well. I could do something similar, leaving out the chorizo as it would probably compete with the parma ham. Thanks for the idea.

Yep - I think the chorizo would definitely compete with the parma ham but the paprika in the sauce will work.

If you have a moment, please do say a few words about yourself & your interest in cooking over in New to CookingBites? :okay:

Ciao e Benvenuto stuey48,
I think I make Asparagus sauce this work with Monkfish an Parma.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom