I'm Watching What I Eat.

Good luck Wishiepoo… nice job getting back on the path.

I also have been up / down this year.. it can be a struggle. Started eating smaller portions, practicing intermittent fasting and eating less carbs and sugar in April.
Down 22 pounds and would like to lose another 15 but, happy with results so far. Just need to incorporate more exercise - with winter setting in I have to remind myself to stay away from the comfort foods!

I also have been up / down this year.. it can be a struggle. Started eating smaller portions, practicing intermittent fasting and eating less carbs and sugar in April.
Down 22 pounds and would like to lose another 15 but, happy with results so far. Just need to incorporate more exercise - with winter setting in I have to remind myself to stay away from the comfort foods!

That's a great result. Well done! In fact I'm envious as I'm struggling here...

Just reviving my zombie thread to say I've had a couple of ups and downs, false starts and the like but now on the correct 'path'.
Lost 14lb and have about 14 to go. Had reached a plateau for a month or so where the further weight just wasn't shifting but have seen movement downwards recently.
Have to remind myself that the pics I posted earlier are my ultimateish goal.

Brilliant! I'm really pleased you lost weight. I seem to be piling it on! :ohmy:

Yes, so long as you can avoid the comfort foods winter can be quite a good time to lose weight.

congratulations. I know all too well how hard it is. it has taken me exactly 3 years to lose 24kg, some of it has been lost more than once. I'm now 3kg from my preferred target but I have no muscle because of being off my feet for a lot of this year and then obviously the stay in hospital after the hip replacement. so my challenge now is not only to continue to lose weight but to put muscle on at the same time and i have a disease that makes it very difficult to regain lost muscle so actually restoring lost muscle is exceptionally difficult... so whilst the scales say my weight is great, the tape measure around my waist says otherwise. i guess I'll have to lose more than planned originally. . grrr.

anyhow, there will be ups and downs and that is exactly what this thread is for, dead or otherwise. I know my weight loss will be continuing into the New Year, hopefully you'll join me and accept that slow and steady is better than lots quickly, even if the latter feels great initially.

I'm currently stuck. This happened several weeks ago too. I was stuck at a certain weight then suddenly shifted a couple of pounds. I'm hoping the same happens again.

I'm currently stuck. This happened several weeks ago too. I was stuck at a certain weight then suddenly shifted a couple of pounds. I'm hoping the same happens again.

Sometimes it helps to completely change tack for a few days - for example eating really low fat or low carbs rather than counting calories . I'm not sure why it works but I've found it does. Well, sometimes...

Sometimes it helps to completely change tack for a few days - for example eating really low fat or low carbs rather than counting calories . I'm not sure why it works but I've found it does. Well, sometimes...
Thanks, I might try changing my exercise routine about a bit too.

Also have an operation coming up in a few weeks which I am terrified of and wondering if that will throw a spanner in the works. I suppose on the plus side fear might make me lose weight!

i get those frequently. I'll hold the same weight for 3 weeks and then on the 4th miraculously drop 1-2kg without making any changes... I've stopped weighing myself weekly as a result and have gone over to monthly.

I put on 0.4kg this month. oh well... I won't worry about that. my underwear & a t-shirt some weigh that much... (one advantage of knitting your own socks, you suddenly know exactly how much each pair weighs, don't worry. it only makes sense to someone who knits)...
Also have an operation coming up in a few weeks which I am terrified of
you'll be fine. I know I was lying on the trolley in the anaesthetic room waiting to be taken in for my hip thinking to myself, what the hell am I doing... now though I realise exactly how long I'd been struggling with the arthritis that hadn't been diagnosed and after it was and I'm now thinking, I hope I don't have to wait until I'm that bad again for the other hip to be replaced. just last week my doctor watched me walk into his surgery room and commented that he'd never seen me move so freely it easily. I've known him for 5½ years since we moved to Australia. that tells me everything I need to know.

best wishes for it and we'll be thinking of you.

I've hit a plateau, am stable at the same weight since august. It's good because it's still 16 lbs lower then when I started but I want to get to -25 lbs through the winter.
So I am going to see if it makes a difference if I stop buying sweet stuff and only eat sweet stuff I made instead. Small changes can make a big long term difference

I've hit a plateau, am stable at the same weight since august. It's good because it's still 16 lbs lower then when I started but I want to get to -25 lbs through the winter.
So I am going to see if it makes a difference if I stop buying sweet stuff and only eat sweet stuff I made instead. Small changes can make a big long term difference
plus perseverance. I refused to be weighed after I reached 87kg in hospital 3 years ago.

the blip was Covid-19 and my parents being stranded here with us in Australia. I put 5kg on during those 6 months.

I have little ups and downs. we all do. but if you keep trying and keep at it, you'll get there.
my aim in less than 60kg. In theory, I could still have another 8kg to loose before I'm back to the same size I used to be. I'll be 5kg less because of muscle loss but there is little I can do about that except to try to prevent too much more being lost. (I can't put muscle back on because of a medical condition.)

Back
Top Bottom