I'm Watching What I Eat.

I'm maintaining a 15 to 19 pound weight loss. Ultimately I'm happy to be under 200 pounds. I still would like to lose another 5-8. I'm not going to stress over it. I am feeling a ton better.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
That's exactly the frame of mind I have.

Tomorrow we start to change our habits,we are both heavier than we would like to be so to start we are going dry for January. We have got into the habit of snacking so that needs to stop, take more exercise etc..
Good luck everyone.

Today I bought a Slimming World magazine, very interesting recipes that even I could do.
I know that fitbits are the thing right now but I would worry about becoming obsessive so will not buy one.

Today I bought a Slimming World magazine, very interesting recipes that even I could do.
I know that fitbits are the thing right now but I would worry about becoming obsessive so will not buy one.
Everything I have lost so far, I've still got another 5kg plus Christmas to loose, I've done by dieting and swimming once a week alone.

I did have something similar to a fitbit and it was interesting seeing how many steps I walked in a day, but I also become very obsessive by nature and found that I was always trying to do more. That wasn't necessarily the best thing for me to be doing.

Everything I have lost so far, I've still got another 5kg plus Christmas to loose, I've done by dieting and swimming once a week alone.

I did have something similar to a fitbit and it was interesting seeing how many steps I walked in a day, but I also become very obsessive by nature and found that I was always trying to do more. That wasn't necessarily the best thing for me to be doing.

We are looking to get back into walking, going out tomorrow although not far as we are both still feeling poorly.

I'm not trying to lose weight, but I am definitely going to make some changes in my diet the coming year. Not by removing things, but actually by adding things.
I've come to notice that my meals are very starch-centered and lack both protein and veg/fruit in the right quantities, a recent blood test showed that I have a protein deficiency. This is caused by illness, but after taking a look at my diet I can see I definitely need to add some protein to my diet.
So I've started incorperating more veg and fruit in my meals recently, mainly more things like raw veg with my lunch and fruit as a snack. I've also added a protein to my breakfast daily, which I never used to do before. I am eating either yoghurt, an egg, or a type of meat with breakfast. Gonna see how these changes add up with my next blood test.

We are looking to get back into walking, going out tomorrow although not far as we are both still feeling poorly.
I just wish I could still get out walking or hiking. Sadly it is no longer possible what with both my husband and I being diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in the final quarter of last year. He goes in for major surgery in 5 weeks time to fuse are of his ankles. The other needs to be done once this one has healed.

And that is ignoring that more obvious issues of even being outside at present in eastern his one h-as beenor south eastern ds to be done once thisNSW right now. I was up every 90-120 minutes last night needing to nebulise because of my asthma.Going to hospital was out of the question because when I looked at the air quality app It was showing both cities either side of us had much worse air quality than us. In fact, Canberra was off the top of the scale last night which 10x worse quality than at hove and have was rated as horrendous air quality.

I'm still staying under 200 pounds (maintaining a 15-18 pound weight loss) for the last 6 months. I've even been flexible with my eating over the holidays (but haven't gone crazy).

So far over the past 3 days we have been out walking, still pooped afterwards because the cold is still hanging around.
We both want to lose weight and get fitter, our meals are ok it is the alcohol and snacking that is our downfall so dry January, stop the snacking and take more exercise. We are not going on a diet, restricting ourselves which will make us grumpy, instead just being sensible.
Maybe weigh ourselves once a month, any more than that could become obsessive.

Back onto weight loss...

I started the weight loss after my 4 month stay in hospital back on 1st October 2018 at >86kg.

I started this year at 68.0kg (weighed 3rd Jan). I've agreed a target weight with my doctor of 60-62.5kg so I have 5.5-8kg still to go.

Right now exercise is as issue because of the major fires in NSW affecting air quality to the point that even healthy adults have been told to avoid being outside and I'm a severe asthmatic so I'm struggling big time. Even exercise indoors is difficult to impossible because the smoke gets into every area of the house even with all doors and windows shut, blinds and curtains closed on top and internal doors shut to try to limit any ingress to that room. Leisure centers (and all tourist areas indoors and out) are closed either due to smoke pollution or due to the fact they don't want tourists. We're just outside the mandatory tourist evacuation zone, and are now seeing empty shelves in the supermarkets, fuel shortages and major highways (basically your only road) closed for hundreds of kilometers because the smoke had been deemed to bad to drive safely. It's making daily life harder for everyone, not just those with pre-existing lung conditions.

I'm left with dieting or less calories as my only option. I'll still continue. That's not much I can do otherwise, just keep going, keep trying. The weight must come off for my own health especially now I've got a diagnosis of moderately severe osteoarthritis in both hips.

Our son bought my wife a Fitbit for Xmas, hers wasn't working properly. What a nightmare, I have lots of tools in the garage, do you think I could find a screwdriver to open it up, small Phillips of mine won't fit. 2 hours later I found a small on that came with mr7 drone. That worked. Yay. Daughter opened it and told my wife battery number. Wife bough 2 batteries. Got home and it's the wrong number on the battery. I gave up. I gave wife correct number of batteries. I'm staying out of it now. Shouldn't it come ready to go???

Russ

Shouldn't it come ready to go???
No. The batteries can leak or cause problems if they are live in transit. Plus i don't think they meet airport regulations for flights if the batteries are connected. This they should come with a protective strip between the batteries and terminals. Otherwise, yes they should be ready to work once that strip is removed. If the batteries have the wrong number on them, I would be questioning if the fitbit is a fake personally.

Back
Top Bottom