I'm Watching What I Eat.

Local time
2:34 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
As some of you know, I joined Weight Watchers in March 2018, when I was 193 pounds. My dream weight has been 175 pounds for a long, long time: I haven't seen that number since high school. Since I started, I've lost 25 pounds, and now weigh 168 pounds. At one point, I was down over 30 pounds, and realized I had to let up the throttle a bit. I know...it's a strange "problem" to complain about at age 56, to lose too much weight, but I think what happened here is that, by eating smarter, I woke up my metabolism. I was relieved to find that I could drink the occasional beer again and not worry too much about it.

I used to think Weight Watchers was a bunch of nonsense - really, points for everything instead of calories and fat content? - but it really works. The key, when you break it down, is that you're encouraged to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables (which typically count as 0 points). These things fill you up and are typically low in calories and high in nutrients.

A year and a half later, I'm still down 25 pounds. My food blog is where I've put some of my favorite recipes: it's not that hard to eat healthy and still enjoy great food, if you're the one making it. I have never gone to a single Weight Watchers meeting, but instead I track what I eat and how much I exercise using their app.

I was also with MyFitnessPal for a while, and I did add many of my own recipes. I lost about 5 pounds (before I started Weight Watchers), but I could never get over the hump. To me, Weight Watchers is totally worth it.

rascal

Veteran
Local time
7:34 AM
Lng, good on you, horses for courses I guess, my wife walks a lot and I know that keeps her weight down and her fit. A guy I know at my local has just lost about 20 kgs just by walking. He never used to walk but his doc told him to start. It's unbelievable how good he looks. Just walking. I always seem to be on the move doing " stuff" and that keeps me fit. Some say it's in your genes but a talk show host here got a roasting a few years ago, saying you never saw a fat person at concentration camps.

Russ

Local time
2:34 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
At a certain point, I have to confess that I gave up trying to cook awesome food for my family. Everyone seem to be in a mode where it was easier to just heat up something in the microwave. So, I continue to make things for myself, except at barbecues and so on, where my contributions were appreciated.

I’m sharing this picture because the rice is from a Lean Cuisine chicken fried rice entrée. By itself, it’s not that good. But, it makes a nice base for good food.

I just made Ropa Vieja from a pork tenderloin. And, I just bought some green olives. All I needed was some rice. Of course, I could have just boiled some rice. But, I’d rather repurpose a well-intentioned attempt at helping someone to lose weight.

The result was very good. It would’ve been better if I had prepared the rice myself. But, it’s still better than throwing something away.

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
5:34 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Victory - the doctor has officially told my husband he needs to lose about 5kg! Finally. Shame it has taken a diagnosis of osteoarthritis to get that far, but I've been telling him for a while now that he needed to lose weight and that joining me on my diet would also help me. He has finally conceded, but is away in Melbourne with work, eating out of restaurants for the next 3 days!

rascal

Veteran
Local time
7:34 AM
Victory - the doctor has officially told my husband he needs to lose about 5kg! Finally. Shame it has taken a diagnosis of osteoarthritis to get that far, but I've been telling him for a while now that he needed to lose weight and that joining me on my diet would also help me. He has finally conceded, but is away in Melbourne with work, eating out of restaurants for the next 3 days!
I miss lygon st restaurants. !!

Russ

Kenmiller

Local time
12:04 AM
My sister has lost 13 kg in 3 months with good diet and workouts. I know that she never starved for food, just changed her lifestyle and the one word I always heard from her was intermittent fasting.

Top Bottom