Infrared Food/Cooking Thermometer?

BTW: Etekcity is one of three brands of a corporation called VeSync. VeSync is a global enterprise with offices in the USA, Canada, Europe and Japan. That means that members in Europe can get the Etekcity product shipped locally and those in Australia, SE Asia and the Pacific Islands, might be able to get the product out of Japan.

I just received my Etekicity Lasergrip 1080 infrared no contact thermometer today.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

So...how many things have you pointed it at today? Do you know how hot the TV screen is? :wink:

A TV screen is reflective and so, reading from it are claimed to be inaccurate. The Etekcity manual suggests taping reflective surfaces and reading from the tape after it has time to adjust to the reflective surface temperature.

I have taken some room temperature readings from the walls, using the laser guide, - 74F. My new medical infrared thermometer has three modes, forehead, skin contact and ambient room temperature. By comparison, the medical thermometer is about 2 degrees warmer in its readings.
The Etekcity is not for human contact because of the laser guide, which can be turned on or off with a button. Screen lighting can be turned on or off and the temperature reading can be toggled between Fahrenheit and Celsius. It has a much wider temperature range than the medical thermometer.

I plan on testing the accuracy of my NuWave induction stove tops tomorrow, just for S and G.

Back
Top Bottom