Invidious Comparison Eating (ICE)?

That sort of behaviour is so rude. A person behaving in that way sounds like someone who has to have the attention focussed on them. Can you imagine any dinner host or hostess trying to please all their guests in how he/she cooks the meal. I think I would draw attention to some aspect of the meal that I was impressed by. Do people doing the ICE thing realize or care how upsetting it can be to their host?

If I encounter food that is not cooked right or otherwise, I just won't eat it! I'll leave it on the plate & just keep my comments to myself & just be careful not to dive in & eat it next time. For instance, I was at a cookout once. The #1 thing that most people have at a cookout is ribs. Well, I bit into the meat & found out that it tasted like lighter fluid!! I didn't eat it, but left it on the plate. But believe me, that is a definite turn-off. :ninja:

That sort of behaviour is so rude. A person behaving in that way sounds like someone who has to have the attention focussed on them. Can you imagine any dinner host or hostess trying to please all their guests in how he/she cooks the meal. I think I would draw attention to some aspect of the meal that I was impressed by. Do people doing the ICE thing realize or care how upsetting it can be to their host?
Yeah as a trained cook this is something I never do, I can't expect anyone to have my standards. And besides, why criticise your host? Just try to be polite because they made the effort for you.

Back
Top Bottom