Is it suggestible to add both spices and honey over salads for a better taste?

margarito

Veteran
Local time
6:08 AM
Hello all,

The other day I came across a fellow saying both spices and honey together should be maxed with the boiled vegetables for an exotic taste. But I argued with him saying they both give two different flavors and combining those two doesn't give the salad a pleasant taste. It is because honey has got a fine sweetness and on the other hand spices are completely in contrast with its taste and flavor.

What do you guys think about this? Are there anyone around here who tried such combination?

quiet a few of my indian recipes use tamarind and palm sugar (not to mention anything upto 18 difference spices) which gives a very similar combination. Usually the recipe will be a bean & tomato recipe or a potato & tomato recipe.

Would I add both to a salad? Well probably yes, if you were to look at the ingredients list of most of my homemade salad dressings.

I believe that it is up to your own taste, or to the recipe you are working on.

Many Indian and Chinese food recipes include both honey and spices, so there is no reason why you shouldn't play with mixing honey with some spices or other ingredients for a very personal taste.

Obviously it's question of your personal preference. I personally wouldn't ever put honey on a salad.

Even I don't prefer to have such combination of honey with salad. But it is just a question out of my curiosity to know whether that combination is most preferred by people or not. I felt like knowing how many actually love eating that.

Back
Top Bottom