Is there a chef in your family?

just me !!30 years in the trade still going strong,I allow my sons to help but never as a career ,I have been lucky enough to make money but want better for them,to many highs and lows ,un social hours?I am used to them now and allows me t to have time off in the day to do cycle and run in the day light

My Dad is a trained Chinese chef. When he first arrived in the country his only source of work was as a waiter. He worked his way up to head waiter and then started training as a chef. He then had his own restaurant in Harrogate, and then a takeaway in London.
Eventually he was able to get past the racial prejudice and get work as an electrician, his trade, and then start his own building contracting company building Chinese restaurants in London.
He still cooks fantastic food despite 40 years away from the catering industry.

My younger brother works as a chef. He started off working in the kitchens at an independant gastro pub/resturant chain when he was 16/17. They have trained him as a chef with the emphasis on meat...I have had enormous fun with him this last summer opening his eyes to veggie and vegan options to the point where he has started to ask me for my recipes and has now launched a veggie board with 6-8 vegetarian options for main meals - a huge improvement over previously. Better still this board is out selling the standard meat options now!

My mom is the chef in my family. She cooks for a restaurant downtown and she always gets great reviews from customers and from me (she's like my idol). She has the ability to take anything and make it into something absolutely delectable! She's good with Chinese, Italian, Indian and Guyanese cooking, she's learning a few Tamil techniques as well. I'll have to sit down and write out all her recipes soon because one day I'll need to learn them for myself.

Wish I could count with a chef in my family but sadly not.

My mom loves cooking like one, but she is not really, and I would love to be one, but by the time when I had to make a decision for a professional career, I pointed to the hospitality industry but mostly focusing in the administrative and advertising areas.

If I would have enough spare time, I would like to enroll in a gastronomic school and fulfill such dream.

I had the passion to cook and my family when I was still in my younger years told me to study Culinary Arts to have more skills in cooking and to become a Chef. But luckily I took up a Business Administration course and I did not pursue my dream of becoming a Chef. But now that I am married already and my husband does not want me to work, I plan to study if given the chance and time to do it. Meanwhile I still continue to cook and innovate recipes of my own and my family are always my good critics that is why I am always inspired when ever I am cooking.

Well, there are a few of us that consider ourselves "chefs". The main title would absolutely HAVE to go to my grandmother. She has owned and operated her own catering business for over 25 years now. She was always an awesome cook and she took her love of it to a whole new level when she became a cafeteria cook. Once she got her fill of that, she decided to cater a few parties and fell in love. She is by far, the best chef in the area!

I don't have a professional chef in my family, even though everyone loves to cook. My mom has always wanted to open a restaurant, but she never got to it.
But I do have a really good friend who is a pastry chef and a very prolific and successful one at that. He started selling pastries in our school when he was only 11 years old, and back then he made quite a lot of money per day with that! He grew up to study Marketing and opened his pastry business. He teaches abroad and is always in several cooking ad food magazines in my country. I'm so proud of him!!

Sadly, there are no chefs in my family. There are some great cooks in the family, but no one does it professionally. I think it would be cool to have one in the family.

There are two chefs in training in my family and one pastry chef. My cousin has type 1 Diabetes and she is a pastry chef for a supermarket. She can't taste any of the things she makes, but she loves her job. My younger cousin wants to grow up to be a chef and my lovely boyfriend is currently in culinary school. He is a member of the ACF and recently competed in San Diego. I'm really proud of him and he has one more year of schooling to go. Anyone looking to hire in the Bay Area or Los Angeles? Contact me! He's ServSafe certified!

Is there a chef in your family?
I would consider my self a self taught vegan chef in training. I've been vegan for three years along with my wife and three boys, and I cook most of the meals almost daily, so I have plenty of experience in the short amount of time.

Yes we do have a chef in our family. She is a Sous Chef for an up and coming restaurant. She made this home made chai tea and molasses cookies at her house warming a few years ago, and that has left a taste in my mouth watering for more every since. I have yet to have that moment in my taste buds existence where they have come to life on their on. She is my go to call person for advice.

Nope we don't have a chef in our family but I wish that somebody I can be a chef. I love foods and I love to eat. I am greatly amaze how talented chef create a food masterpiece and beside that food does not only touches the stomach of those who eat but their hearts as well.

Back
Top Bottom