Is there a chef in your family?

Yes, we do! My husband is a chef and he is teaching both of our children as well and they both show a natural affinity for cooking and have an excellent palate already. I am actually looking for some kid sized kitchen tools so we can start working on knife cuts and things of that nature with adult supervision of course.

Day-Day making a Sunday Dinner..jpg

Here he is!!
My grand nephew who is 11 years old. He loves food & he LOVES to cook & bake!!

He's a big boy at only 11! Does it look like he doesn't cook at all? He developed his love & passion for food & cooking when he was 6 years old. He wants to be a cook or a chef & own his own restaurant when he grows up!! :wink:

Last edited:
View attachment 710

Here he is!!
My grand nephew who is 11 years old. He loves food & he LOVES to cook & bake!!

He's a big boy at only 11! Does it look like he doesn't cook at all? He developed his love & passion for food & cooking when he was 6 years old. He wants to be a cook or a chef & own his own restaurant when he grows up :wink:

Haha he looks pretty happy in that chef's hat, I'll give him that. Has he thought about entering masterchef junior perhaps?

He couldn't be happier!! :wink:
Don't know if he has or not. His mom once told me that she was going to let him get some training in a cooking class this summer for a week.
Problem is, that it would've costed her a whopping $1,000 just for that one week!!! I told her not to pay that!! Too ridiculously expensive, just for one lousy week!!! :mad: :stop:

Last edited:
The black chef's hat truly makes him look like a professional Jr. chef!! Hah!!
He is REALLY into cooking & baking! It has become his passion. He never misses the opportunity to man the kitchen, work with food & be cooking at home!!

I truly hope that his mom & dad can get him into some type of daytime or afternoon cooking class for kids, where he can broaden his skills and gain more knowledge on the aspects of cooking & baking! :wink:

Last edited:
My youngest who is 15 has rumbled he wants to be a chef ,and is a natural in the kitchen ,his food experience is high,he works as a kp at the holidays and weekends with me prepping veggies ,meats,fish and shell fish ,he has made cakes as part of his duke of Edinburgh award for a charity every week for 3 months ,he will be working in the buying dept as a work experience for waitrose to learn more about ingredients and costs,he is a keen forager,but he knows he will have to do well at school to do anything but has the ability to acheive his goals

Well...I guess it would be me? My children have a slight interest but no passion for it. I've tried to light fire under their butts forever. I still hold hope for my daughter. My son is long gone. I see him making Tostino's pizza bites & I get depressed. Firstly, because we have quality ingredients in the fridge to make something delightful. Secondly, who in the world bought Tostino's pizza bites?????? :mad:

I am the chef in my family.....without credentials:). Seriously though, I love to cook and would really like to develop some of those "mad skills" chefs have but I doubt it will happen in this lifetime. I do have one or two cousins in the business but besides that I just have some really good cooks in the family.

We have no chef but just a cook in the person of my husband. He cooks good food for the family and we have no complaints. But when he is tired or simply lazy, we just order food to be delivered. Like today, May 29, is the birthday of our dog and my husband is busy so we will just order food for delivery.... Chinese noodles and fried chicken.

Back
Top Bottom