Is there anything that wouldn't taste good in a sandwich?

Elawin, when I was young, my dad would often have a snack of cheddar cheese on crackers, with a big dollop of either Coleman's or Gulden's spicy brown mustard, topped with minced raw onion. I thought it was some weird thing he invented to go with a beer. I had no idea how common a snack that was in Ireland and England.

Elawin, when I was young, my dad would often have a snack of cheddar cheese on crackers, with a big dollop of either Coleman's or Gulden's spicy brown mustard, topped with minced raw onion. I thought it was some weird thing he invented to go with a beer. I had no idea how common a snack that was in Ireland and England.

Actually, the person who started me eating cheese and mustard was Italian! :laugh: But it always had to be Colman's English mustard, for the heat :D

I like a steak sandwich, with onions, mushrooms, mustard, and chips; or,
egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and chips, and maybe a bit of black pudding, but the egg mustn't be runny or the tomatoes soggy;
but my favourite is simple Cheddar cheese and mustard with emphasis on the mustard.

This thread is what you wouldn't eat in a sandwich! :D

Non Sándwich Eats For Me:

Off the top of my head, these would be like sacri-religious slaughter for me:

1) Nigriri, Sashimi, Sushi .. Never with bread ..
2) Raw Oysters .. Just as is .. Shucked right off the net ..
3) Goose Barnacles .. Never with bread ..
4) Cockles .. Never with bread ..
5) Osetra Caviar or Beluga .. ( death penalty ) .. To put Caviar of this quality on a sandwich is truly pathetic protocol ..

Last edited:
Wow, I should have found this thread before. Fried oysters are great on a Po' Boy, so are fried softshell blue crab. I don't think Uni would work on a sandwich. Although my father and oldest brother would eat them, I don't think raw, store bought, ground/minced beef works for sandwiches. Then again my other brother would eat peanut butter, bologna and ketchup sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom