Is there anything that wouldn't taste good in a sandwich?

For weird stuff in sandwiches, I remember hanging out one afternoon with a buddy from Belfast here in NYC, and we decided to pick up Chinese take out (take away?). He ordered the chicken curry, and then on the way home insisted that we stop off for white bread. I didn't understand why we needed the bread, but as we sat down to eat, he put the chicken curry between two slices of bread and chowed down telling me how lovely Chinese food is as a sandwich (in that nasal Belfast accent).
Just plain weird.

Oyster Po boys are delicious! It has a chip butty quality in that there's a fried element inside the soft bread.
:eek: I just don't get this, Oysters are delicate creatures and should to be served naked. Almost anything added only serves to mask their unique taste. You are talking to an oyster addict here...:D

For weird stuff in sandwiches, I remember hanging out one afternoon with a buddy from Belfast here in NYC, and we decided to pick up Chinese take out (take away?). He ordered the chicken curry, and then on the way home insisted that we stop off for white bread. I didn't understand why we needed the bread, but as we sat down to eat, he put the chicken curry between two slices of bread and chowed down telling me how lovely Chinese food is as a sandwich (in that nasal Belfast accent).
Just plain weird.

I can almost understand his idea (thinking along the line of chip butties). But no, not really!

:eek: I just don't get this, Oysters are delicate creatures and should to be served naked. Almost anything added only serves to mask their unique taste. You are talking to an oyster addict here...:D

While I agree to an extent - being another lover of oysters, when you have an overabundance of something, you need to find different ways to use them up.

I guess I shouldn't mention oyster stew...

While I agree to an extent - being another lover of oysters, when you have an overabundance of something, you need to find different ways to use them up.

I guess I shouldn't mention oyster stew...

I'll just love you for loving oysters. :hug: I could probably take them in a stew. That isn't so bad. They were traditionally added to steak and kidney pies in the days when they were cheap and plentiful.

I can drive to the coast from here in about 45 mins and get fantastic Whitstable oysters.

Never had those, but I could easily eat 2 dozen without blinking.
Blue Point, Malpeque, Kumamoto, Belon, and Wellfleet are some of my faves.

Back
Top Bottom