Italian - Homemade Ravioli Recipe?

Sherry

Veteran
Local time
5:06 PM
My grandmother used to make the best homemade ravioli. I made it with her several times but never wrote the recipe down and she didn't have one herself. It's been so long ago I can't begin to remember how to make it, but would like to give it a try.
Her filling consisted mostly of brains (either pork or beef) and spinach--sounds awful but was delicious. I really don't remember her putting any cheese in it, but I would probably add some. And, of course, she made her own wonderful tomato sauce.
I guess I will have to search online for a good pasta dough. I've tried a few different ones for other things, but so far have not found one I really like.
It's odd, but I don't remember hers being particularly difficult or fussy to make. She really didn't even much measure. Just poured and mixed until she got the consistency she wanted, and she often used the same dough for her chicken and dumplings.
I remember so well how good it was.
If only I could remember how to make it.

My grandmother used to make the best homemade ravioli. I made it with her several times but never wrote the recipe down and she didn't have one herself. It's been so long ago I can't begin to remember how to make it, but would like to give it a try.
Her filling consisted mostly of brains (either pork or beef) and spinach--sounds awful but was delicious. I really don't remember her putting any cheese in it, but I would probably add some. And, of course, she made her own wonderful tomato sauce.
I guess I will have to search online for a good pasta dough. I've tried a few different ones for other things, but so far have not found one I really like.
It's odd, but I don't remember hers being particularly difficult or fussy to make. She really didn't even much measure. Just poured and mixed until she got the consistency she wanted, and she often used the same dough for her chicken and dumplings.
I remember so well how good it was.
If only I could remember how to make it.

Your grandmothers homemade Ravioli does seems delicious; unfortunately i've never have the privilege of having homemade Ravioli before but i do have it on occasions when i dine out and it sure is tasty.

I love making ravioli ,but it seems to have dropped off menus at the moment ,
Different coloured pasta doughs ,different fillings ,different shapes ,it can be frozen and cooked from frozen,I've eaten made a sweet ravioli with banana in them poached in milk with a toffee sauce ,if you've got a creative streak raviolis are a great time to spend a few hours,,,,,,rolling your pasta machine making fillings

The problem with me is that I could eat pasta everyday! I love pasta dishes but am not so sure that they are so healthy. Although I can add health ingredients like chopped vegetables, eating too much of the noodles can add pounds on my hips. I like them because not only are they tasty but they are easy to make. My children enjoy them too. One of my favorite is just plain pasta noodles with a vinegarette dressing. Sometimes I add chopped carrots and broccoli and then chill this.

Back
Top Bottom