Recipe Italian Sausage and Rapini

kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
8:58 AM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
This is so such a simple dish but very satisfying.

Italian Sausage & Rapini

Ingredients:
2 Italian Sausage links, casings removed
2 Tbsp. White Wine
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
A pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
1 bunch Rapini (aka Broccoli Rabe), washed, drained well & chopped into bite sized pieces
A good grate of fresh Nutmeg
S&P to taste
Grated Parmesan Cheese to taste

Method:
In a small bowl combine the Sausage and wine
In a large pan heat the Oil over medium-high
Crumble in the Sausage and brown well, set aside
Add the Rapini to the pan, tossing it in the rendered fat
Add a bit more oil if needed, adding in the Garlic along with the Red Pepper Flakes and sauté until fragrant
Pour a bit of water over the vegetable, grate in the Nutmeg, give it all a good stir, cover and steam to your desired doneness
Toss back in the Sausage to marry with the Rapini
Season to taste with S&P

Suggested serving is over Pasta, we prefer Whole Wheat Penne along with some grated Parmesan and a drizzle more of Olive Oil

Italian Sausage and Rapini.jpg

This is so such a simple dish but very satisfying.

I like simple. Some of the world's best dishes are simple. Here, I very much like the use of wine, chilli flakes and nutmeg with the pork and rapini (in the UK rapini are called turnip tops, I think and not commonly available). We do have tender stem broccoli which I think would work very well instead.

I like simple. Some of the world's best dishes are simple. Here, I very much like the use of wine, chilli flakes and nutmeg with the pork and rapini (in the UK rapini are called turnip tops, I think and not commonly available). We do have tender stem broccoli which I think would work very well instead.
Can you find baby broccoli or Broccolini?
That would work as well, but it doesn't have that same kind of bitter bite as Rapini or Broccoli Rabe.

Back
Top Bottom