It's that time of year again: Christmas 2021

Nine Christmas/Holiday cards arriving here so far.

I am so sad that the sending of cards is going down the proverbial toilet.

I expect to receive some more over the next few days. AND I continue to send some out. Sorry, this is an element of connection I've always enjoyed.
We skipped sending them one year, because we only got maybe two one year, but the year after that, I swore out loud a few times and recommitted to sending cards, and now, no matter how many or how few we get, I send them.

You know another thing going down the toilet - the traditional Christmas Day phone calls. My wife's family, once they'd moved all around, used to spend half a day on the phone, calling each other, and passing the phone all around to everyone, so we could all wish everyone a merry Christmas.

Now we just get a crappy group text. That's no good! 😠

Just picked up seven of these:

They're 8 inches long...whoppers!

still just the one card here. Nothing arrived all week! All of my family will arrive in one go or not at all, and that includes all 3 types of card (Christmas, Anniversary & Birthday)

MG - my mum has 4 addressed to a previous occupant. Each year she opens them hoping that there will be a contact number or new address in them so she can return them, but nothing yet. They've lived there just 5 or 6 years now.

On the good news front, we do now have a Christmas tree. It's in a bucket of water outside at the moment. It's 30°C out & very muggy. we can see the storm clouds forming but know that they won't arrive until darkness

We skipped sending them one year, because we only got maybe two one year, but the year after that, I swore out loud a few times and recommitted to sending cards, and now, no matter how many or how few we get, I send them.

You know another thing going down the toilet - the traditional Christmas Day phone calls. My wife's family, once they'd moved all around, used to spend half a day on the phone, calling each other, and passing the phone all around to everyone, so we could all wish everyone a merry Christmas.

Now we just get a crappy group text. That's no good! 😠

This year I decided not to send out lots of cards as we normally do. One colleague mumbles thanks, puts the card still in the envelope in her draw then in the new year it goes in the bin so I really don't see the point. Family yes, I do continue to send.
My brother used to buy his girls a chocolate selection box each even though they are grown up, this year we have decided to buy them one each as a fun present, we have also bought one for the eldest girl's husband. Some traditions should remain :)

I finally did some Xmas shopping yesterday, venturing into Macy´s.
The first thing I saw in the entrance immediately caught my attention - the perfect handbag for my wife!:bravo::bravo:
Then I looked at the price tag and my attention dropped like a stone.:headshake:
I wandered aimlessly around for about half an hour, staring wildy at the apparently limitless display of women´s accessories, and found a sweater I liked.
Then I got lost. Had to wait 10 minutes for my DIL to find me.
End of Xmas shopping!

I finally did some Xmas shopping yesterday, venturing into Macy´s.
The first thing I saw in the entrance immediately caught my attention - the perfect handbag for my wife!:bravo::bravo:
Then I looked at the price tag and my attention dropped like a stone.:headshake:
I wandered aimlessly around for about half an hour, staring wildy at the apparently limitless display of women´s accessories, and found a sweater I liked.
Then I got lost. Had to wait 10 minutes for my DIL to find me.
End of Xmas shopping!

Good handbags are ridiculous. I bought one for my now ex-wife, and she loved it. It was 300-bucks!

CD

Back
Top Bottom