It's that time of year again: Christmas 2021

We had 28°C yesterday. Not ideal weather for putting up a tree. From today onwards it could be anywhere between 16°C & 32°C into the New Year. Hard to know what to wear or plan for with that lions if temperature range.

I forgot the picture of the tree last night after it went dark, I guess because it didn't go dark... this morning it's 14°C and the inside of a cloud, so it hasn't really gotten light.

View attachment 77742
3 days of 30 deg c here as well

Russ

IMG_1177.JPG

The last tin of copycat Moose Munch is ready to be delivered.
I'm very happy with this one.

I boned a leg of lamb earlier and rolled and tied with string, light coating of evoo and s and p, and rosedale. Wrapped in an oven bag ready for cooking. Will start cooking in 39 hrs.
Taking Turkey and pickled pork out tomorrow.

Russ

All our pre-Boxing Day gifts delivered, except for one. My wife won't see her hair stylist until the 30th, so that's when she'll get her gift.

Prepping the rib roast today and making a gingerbread cake as well.

New menu plan for boxing day. Here in the Netherlands it's traditional to celebrate Christmas equally on 25 and 26 december.
Our plan was to go out for Pizza at our favorite place as usual, but they are closed due to lockdown.

So instead it will be Belgian beer, cheese platter & paté with nice bread, olives and mixed fruit and nuts. It's only the two of us so I am not cooking. The three course dinner will be the day before.

I already have specialty beer , and a crottin de chavignol, burrata, vintage cheddar and winter fruit pate. Adding the final details through the market tomorrow

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom