It's that time of year again: Christmas 2021

What does that involve?
Unwrapping it, trimming down the fat cap a bit, scoring it, rubbing it down with salt, then putting it back in the fridge (sat on a rack for 100% air circulation) and letting it "dry age" until Christmas Day, when it'll get introduced to the oven.

I put dry age in quotes because it's not really dry aging, just drying it out and letting the salt get in there a little bit.

Sorry. You did indeed. My memory is not so good as it was. To link just copy the post number: #216
Windigo

On my mobile, there's an extra step.
You'll need to click on the number of the post to the top right of the post concerned, then once the page has refreshed and moved a round a bit (it will take the post you clicked the number of to the top of the visible page if possible), copy the address from the address bar. On some devices, a little pop up will pop up and give you the address to copy, but it may not, so just copy the address from the address bar after clicking on the post number (prior to clicking on the post number, the address bar reflects the post you last read).

Gives this
Code:
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/its-that-time-of-year-again-christmas-2021.23467/page-19#post-291881

You'll see the thread name, page reference and exact post number show up in the link, in that order

So that gives this It's that time of year again: Christmas 2021

MerryChristmas, SATNAV!
Since this family is Latino, Xmas celebrations take place today. Christmas dinner will be hallacas, pan de jamón, ensalada de gallina, and roast turkey. From left to right, pan de jamón (Ham bread); hallaca (a wierd sort of tamale filled with chicken and pork, cooked in a very complicated sauce, chickpeas, almonds, olives and raisins), ensalada de gallina is a Russian salad, with chicken in it.
I, unfortunately, am not going to enjoy this at all. Far too much meat and not enough veggies for me, and why anyone would want to screw up a perfectly good Russian salad by putting dead birds in it, I don´t know.:laugh::laugh: I´m still wondering what to cook for myself; i might go down the road of a mushroom strudel...
1640356891309.png

Back
Top Bottom