Recipe Jalapeno Tuna stuffed Tomatoes

Local time
7:43 AM
So it's time I got off the mark with a tomato recipe. It felt like as soon as the ingredient was chosen I saw tomatoes coming in left and right. I have mostly used them in salads and sauces but I stumbled on this recipe on Pinterest I rather like with my own twist of course.

jalapeno-tuna-stuffed-tomato-11.jpg

Ingredients

• 4 medium tomatoes
  • 2 5 ounce cans Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna with Jalapeños & Olive Oil
  • 1/2 cup low-fat mayo
  • 1/2 cup diced carrot
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/4 chopped cilantro
  • 2 teaspoon kosher salt
Instructions

1. Remove the top of the tomato and set aside. Use a paring knife and a spoon to carefully remove the insides of the tomato (discard or save for another recipe.)
  2. Drain the oil from the tuna cans. Put the tuna and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
  3. Use a spoon to fill the tomatoes with tuna salad. Put the set side tomato tops on top of the tuna salad when serving.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/94434923413203540/..Source

I think this is a nice recipe. I like most kinds of tuna and the idea of stuffing tomatoes with it sounds good to me. Actually I use Bumble Bee tuna a lot. I like the final appearance of the recipe too. I have eaten tomatoes alongside tuna before, but I have never tried stuffing tomatoes with anything before. Tomato also mixes in well with a tuna salad.

@Caribbean girl, not to scare you but didn't you hear about the Bumble Bee recall? It's usually always in my cupboard, but when I did check to see how many I had, I realised my husband had bought a different brand. I can't even say what the new brand is from memory and of course I don't like it as much as I do my Bumble Bees. I guess he was paying more attention to the news than I realised. It's funny how these things affect your thinking. Now I am always going to think twice before I pick up a tin of Bumble Bee tuna.

http://www.bumblebee.com/recall-march-2016/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom