Jars, Anyone?

Tea lights are a good idea. What is Washi tape?

Washi tape is similar to Scotch tape, but it comes in different patterns and colors. I chose a silver and black Chevron pattern. I found lots of patterns on eBay under Washi tape, after I saw it on Pinterest - 100? things to do with Washi tape. I still have lots left I don't know what to do with.

What are 'Ball jars'?

It's a brand name:
1280065.jpg

They're common enough that they've risen to the level of certain brand-name products as to become almost synonymous, such as Kleenex for tissue paper, Scotch tape for clear household tape and Frigidaire for refrigerator (though that last one is an old one).

Also good for holding rolls of Washi tape. :laugh:

It's a brand name:
View attachment 31761
They're common enough that they've risen to the level of certain brand-name products as to become almost synonymous, such as Kleenex for tissue paper, Scotch tape for clear household tape and Frigidaire for refrigerator (though that last one is an old one).

Also good for holding rolls of Washi tape. :laugh:
:laugh: There you go. Maybe I'll Washi tape the refrigerator. Gold? Polka dot salt & pepper shakers? Lol

Last edited:
Guilty! I'm really good about cleaning them up to reuse. My friends give me jars to because they know I'll use them.

Jars used multiple times here as well, curried onions, beetroot, gerkins, relish, mint sauce tomato sauce, plum sauce. Lots of uses around here.

Russ

I used to use this type of jar for pickling but unfortunately the vinegar reacts with the "rubber" seal and no-one here sells replacements.

jar-cliplid.jpg

I've just remembered when camping in france for our family summer holiday we would always buy mustard that came in a drinking glass with a plastic lid. We had those glasses for years.
I remember those from camping trips in France, we used to buy Nutella like that too :happy:
Its a shame this thread wasn't a week ago....I could have looked around Carrefour to see if they still do them.

The only jars I keep are Bonne Maman jam jars because they're pretty for when I make my own jams and preserves. They live in a crate in the garage until needed, so they don't clutter up the kitchen cupboards.

Mason and Ball are often referred to interchangeably. In the south if you order sweet tea, it is often served in a Mason jar.

The only jars I keep are Bonne Maman jam jars because they're pretty for when I make my own jams and preserves. They live in a crate in the garage until needed, so they don't clutter up the kitchen cupboards.

Yes, I love these and get quite a few from my parents. I saw some different shapes jars recently at the supermarket where bonne maman were doing a promo. I don't like the shape do hopefully they have not changed completely.

Yes, I love these and get quite a few from my parents. I saw some different shapes jars recently at the supermarket where bonne maman were doing a promo. I don't like the shape do hopefully they have not changed completely.
Here, Bonne Maman come in two styles - their "regular" preserves and then their "intense" preserves. The latter are smaller.

Halloween, the time for resurrecting the dead…topics!

We were in France recently and I did manage to snag this jar, which was previously home to some yogurt:

So…what’s the latest in jar news since I first started this in 2019? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom