3 free range Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
To decorate:
Icing sugar
Gel food colouring x 3 colours
Jelly Beans to decorate

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 160C Gas 3. The orginal recipe says to "Take a 12-cup fluted bundt type cake pan and grease it well. Sprinkle flour into the pan to coat". Don't have a bundt cake tin, improvised like this... grease and line a spring-form tin and put in the center an empty golden syrup tin filled with baking beans (NOT jelly beans). You must remember to grease the golden syrup tin so the cake comes away smoothly. The weight of the beans help the tin from moving around, otherwise you may get an irregular shape.
  2. Cut the jelly beans into 3 as they were quite big. In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped jelly beans with two tablespoons of the flour to coat the beans and leave to one side.
  3. In a large bowl, pour the sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat the mixture well. Add one egg at a time, while you stir the mixture. Add the remaining flour, baking powder, salt and mix by hand for the final step.
  4. Put a few dollops of the prepared batter over the bottom of the greased bundt or cake tin. In the remaining batter, add all the jelly beans and mix well. Now, just pour the jelly bean mixture into the pan. This method should help the jelly beans from sinking.
  5. Bake the cake in the preheated oven, for about an hour. Cool the cake in the tin, for about ten minutes.
  6. Mix coloured icing of your choice in separate bowls and when the cake is cold, drizzle across the cake one at a time, i.e. green first, then pink then yellow. Decorate with jelly beans to hide the cracks and dips in a random fashion.

http://notjustanyoldbaking.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/jelly-bean-cake-recipe.html

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: What a treat! I rather like the cake on it's own by the way and I don't know the last day I have seen a jelly bean. I am not going to try to find them either.

Last edited:
And you'll have noticed the link under the entry in the challenge thread?
I didn't but you know it doesn't matter to me. I welcome them all and your creative use of the ingredient is a sheer delight to me. Keep them coming. I wish we had time to see some of the more than 33k results you found if I remember correctly. Keep em coming.

I didn't but you know it doesn't matter to me. I welcome them all and your creative use of the ingredient is a sheer delight to me. Keep them coming. I wish we had time to see some of the more than 33k results you found if I remember correctly. Keep em coming.
It's post number 666, on the CookingBites Challenge thread!!

Back
Top Bottom