King ranch chicken

I need to find some air-tight containers that I can make meals up for Mom that can go from `fridge/freezer to the oven/microwave and not too heavy either. Her hands don't work as they should sometimes, she has pretty good arthritis in both hands. Oh, and not too big, she likes smaller sized meals, she's says I make too much food :thankyou:
I have a bunch of Pyrex with lids that work great. You can get them at Walmart, but possibly Costco too.

I have a bunch of Pyrex with lids that work great. You can get them at Walmart, but possibly Costco too.
View attachment 84140
I saw those at Wally World, but I don't think Mom could handle them and wind up dropping them and getting hurt.
I gotta look around again.

I saw those at Wally World, but I don't think Mom could handle them and wind up dropping them and getting hurt.
I gotta look around again.
I put them on a small baking sheet and put them in the oven to heat. They aren't heavy, especially the small rectangular ones. For the microwave she could easily take them out with a dish towel I'd think?

YAY!
I've gathered all of the necessary ingredients for King Ranch Chicken Casserole (I just now ran down to the Family Dollar store for some condensed soup), I'll be making it tomorrow while I wait for the guy to come and install my new dishwasher, YAY!! :woot:

Here is the recipe my sister uses. It is from a church cookbook from the early 1980s.

View attachment 84144

CD
I was just thinking that it might call for broth.
Good!
I'm going to poach a "Dolly Parton" bone-in/skin-on Chicken breast for this recipe.

BTW, Tasty has this same cookbook. TR, it is the green St. Timothy's cookbook.

CD
My sister has “borrowed” those cookbooks, BTW, “just for a peek.” That was…maybe two months ago.

They’ll make their way back eventually, after she’s photocopied every single page of all of them. :laugh:

IMG_1558.JPG

I made up a half recipe of the Southern Living Magazine and I got 4 of these little disposable foil pans as give aways ... I don't seem to be having my containers coming back home :laugh: I'm keeping two pans for myself.
DH took one look at this as I was assembling and gave a "uh, I'm outta here, that's not for me!" Yes Dear, we know :wave:
I'm going to bake one of these off for my pre-work out meal with my personal trainer on Tuesday and will report back further.

Back
Top Bottom