TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
8:06 PM
Kirsch & Pineapple Juice Cocktail
Makes one drink

Ingredients
6 ounces pineapple juice (fresh or canned)
1.5 ounces kirsch (cherry brandy)
1 maraschino cherry
1 tsp maraschino cherry juice

Directions
Fill a collins glass with ice. Pour in kirsch, followed by pineapple juice. Add cherry and cherry juice. Stir gently. Enjoy!

Recipe courtesy of Issy, the lovely bartender at our local German club, may she rest in peace. 🇩🇪 👼

The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

Cherries and pineapple are lovely together. I like the bright red of that cherry. Most often sold here in the UK are the non-dyed sort which although they taste the same are a dull red.

I like how the spoonful of cherry juice/syrup sort of trails down the drink in spidery fingers (until you stir it).

Kinda like a Tequila Sunrise or a Hurricane. Pretty.

I so much want to make a batch of "authentic" Puerto Rican Piña Coladas, but I can't drink them (maybe a taste). Perhaps I can make a batch for my neighbors. They are perfect in this hot weather we are having -- very refreshing.

CD

I have short story about how I learned not to drink to excess. After high school and before college I spent some time in Europe. One evening in a Geneva bar I was entertaining some young Swiss people interested in improving their English. After an hour or so they lined up 6 shot glasses of Kircsh and told me I had to take a deep breath and drink all of them before breathing. It took two deep breaths. They had to carry me to the hotel. I never did anything like that again. :) I've never had a drop of Kirschwasser since. Nice looking cocktail, however.

Back
Top Bottom