Know Your Greens!

For God's sake! I just meant that I'd have to concentrate too hard right now to type them all out in the correct order. If I could simply enter the answers in boxes below the pictures I could do it. But right now I don't trust my sequencing abilities.:unsure:
Thought you had them ready, that's all.

Greens are essential for our good health. They provide some of the vitamins needed by our bodies. I like avocados for their health benefits. Greens are recommended than red meat. Thanks for compiling some of the greens that we must eat.

Crikey. You lot are being very precise with what the greens are. I've just generalised. I'll get me coat.
Some have cyanide in them!

Its probably the dodgy pictures used this time round, cut out any chance of me saying its something else.

Last edited:
Greens are essential for our good health. They provide some of the vitamins needed by our bodies. I like avocados for their health benefits. Greens are recommended than red meat. Thanks for compiling some of the greens that we must eat.
How many do you know then?

Avocado, Green apple, Green grapes, Honeydew melon
Kiwi fruit (sometimes Kiwifruit or Kiwi esp. in U.S.), Lime, Pear (green), Globe Artichoke
Rocket (U.S. Arugula), Asparagus, Broccoli, Tender stem broccoli (U.S. Broccoli raab or rabe)
Brussels Sprout, Chinese leaf, also called Chinese cabbage (U.S. Napa cabbage), Green beans (String beans or Snap beans in parts of U.S.), Cabbage
Celery, Cucumber, Chicory (U.S. Belgian endive), Curly kale (often known as Kale in UK and U.S. - but there are smooth leaf varieties)

Now you see why I didn't want to type this out after a few drinks!

I said I'd had a 'bit' of wine. It was quite a large 'bit' (no emoticon for squiffy, is there?).
Have just the one!
Just The One Glass.jpg

I know exactly what you are saying. At first I thought they were runner beans (flatter than green beans), but then I thought they looked like a rather blurry enlarged picture of green beans. I had a hunch that the pictures might be originally from a U.S. source and I knew (thought I knew :eek:) that if they did have runner beans in America, then they were quite scarce. So I plumped for green beans... I may be wrong. It was a close call.

Back
Top Bottom