Labor Day 2020 in the US

What is the snake method?

It may or may not surprise folk in the USA but I've never eaten or cooked beef ribs. Maybe I need to try it. Is there a particular cut of ribs used?

I made pork ribs this weekend. Mine where baby backs. Another popular cut is spare ribs, which a big, meaty slab of ribs. The third popular cut is the St. Lois cut, which is a rack of spares, squared off, with the flap meat removed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xX3IVtAG30

CD

Are the ribs precut?

Those particular ones are. I did find these ones:

MG, those look like back ribs. It looks like they cut a rack of ten ribs in half. I could smoke those, and make them work. I've never thought about smoking individually cut pork ribs. I don't know how those would work out smoked, or even baked in an oven. I would think they would dry out, do to all the exposure surfaces of meat to dry heat. I would think you would have to do a wet cook, like a braise.

CD

Cute? Oh, the dog. Okay. He just happened to jump up and look when I took the picture. Not planned.

That's 440 pounds of charcoal in a MINI. That should be a record, IMHO.

CD
Give the dog more credit. He's standing there thinking "what idiot put all this burnt wood in the car, and where the f am I going to sit?"

what is the brick for?
It's a kiln brick so it absorbs the fluctuating intense heat like a sponge and give it off evenly at a lower temp. That boned rolled butt with the lid and vents 90% closed took about 6/8 hours before it was ready to pull. The ribs only take about 3 hours so there is no need for the brick.

Back
Top Bottom