Lamb Favorites

+1 JAS_OH1
I was looking back at the past years "food fotos" and many of the dishes that I've made I'd never thought to do but was inspired by these awesome folks at CB!
Yeah, rascal and murphyscreek got me cooking lamb! I didn't even like it before the first time I made it myself, LOL. Oh and rascal sent me his awesome garam masala homemade spice blend that I have used on tandoori chicken a couple of times, yummy! Never had I ever before then.

Yeah, rascal and murphyscreek got me cooking lamb! I didn't even like it before the first time I made it myself, LOL. Oh and rascal sent me his awesome garam masala homemade spice blend that I have used on tandoori chicken a couple of times, yummy! Never had I ever before then.
Lamb is huge here. And cooked right is amazing. I have about 2 whole carcasses all cut up in my freezers .

Russ

Lamb is huge here. And cooked right is amazing. I have about 2 whole carcasses all cut up in my freezers .

Russ
Yes, it's nice to be friends with a butcher, isn't it? But of course I knew that NZ lamb is the best. Most of what I get is grass fed free range Aussie lamb because that's what's available. Not much American lamb around here.

Last edited:
Yes, it's nice to be friends with a butcher, isn't it? But of course I knew that NZ lamb is the best. Most of what I get is grass fed free range Aussie lamb because that's what's available. Not much American lamb around here.

I reported my post about char sui and suggested starting a char suit thread. Could probably start another thread dedicated to lamb, LOL. None of this really belongs in a short rib thread!
A lot of aussie lamb are grain fed as well. Pursue are mostly grass fed.

If I'm going to eat grilled lamb chops, I prefer the NZ lollipop size ones.

We use lamb for quite a few dishes, tagine, the Persian lamb and potato casserole dish, various Greek dishes, especially moussaka.
Here was my first attempt a few years back with lamb lollipops, just hubby and I. They were awesome!
Before:
20201225_182528.jpg

Leftovers:
20201225_212324.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom