Lasagna and other pasta bakes

[Mod comment: copied post to start new topic(TR)]

I wanna lasagne, pasta bake thread!

Reactions: TastyReuben
Here’s the first lasagna from my recently purchased lasagna cookbook:

IMG_8086.jpeg
IMG_8087.jpeg
IMG_8088.jpeg

This is considered a classic meat-sauce lasagna here - no bechamel like some, but a lot of cheese. One little thing that was unexpected…the recipe makes extra meat sauce, to be served on the side. Never had lasagna with sauce on the side, but I like the idea of that.

Who’s next? Let’s see some lasagnas (and other pasta bakes)!

Here’s the first lasagna from my recently purchased lasagna cookbook:

View attachment 112633View attachment 112634View attachment 112635

This is considered a classic meat-sauce lasagna here - no bechamel like some, but a lot of cheese. One little thing that was unexpected…the recipe makes extra meat sauce, to be served on the side. Never had lasagna with sauce on the side, but I like the idea of that.

Who’s next? Let’s see some lasagnas (and other pasta bakes)!
Looks great.
And how was it?

How were the different lasagne sheets? Did you get on with them ok?

I noted theres a huge amount of ricotta and mozzarella used in a lot of the books recipes, that’s something I’ll have to work around with the dairy intolerances I’m catering for.

I’ve bought 10 small loaf pans and and going to make separate individual lasagne’s so everyones dietary needs are catered for, it’s going to be a complete b*ll ache getting them all together but I’m game!

Update on Wednesday when I’m throwing all (lasagne) sheets out of my pram 😂

Oh crikey I suddenly feel like a drooling Garfield 😂
When you look in that book, this is the first one, and it mentions that it’s “the most cartoonish” lasagna, worthy of Garfield.

And how was it?
It was very good, but would have benefited from the extra sauce, like msmofet ’s and medtran49 ’s examples. I let it cool about 30 minutes, and it was still quite oozy, I wasn’t particularly pleased with that plated pic.

How were the different lasagne sheets? Did you get on with them ok?
Yeah, it was fine. Easy-peasy. No tears or breaks.

Remember how I said I had to buy two boxes because Google told me there were 12-15 sheets in each box and I needed 15?

Opened the box…21 sheets. Now I have extra lasagna noodles.

I’ll say, the recipe wasn’t difficult at all, just time-consuming. I started at noon and worked straight through to about 3:30PM, with short breaks here and there, to get it in the oven.

Oh crikey I suddenly feel like a drooling Garfield 😂
When DD was in grade school, maybe 5th or 6th grade, her school had a book fair with a contest for the best poster promoting the book fair. She was really big into Garfield at the time so we came up with an idea to use 1 of the lasagna comic strips except change it to promoting the book fair. She won, rather we won, and she got several free books.

Yes, I was 1 of  those moms, but, TBH, she doesn't have a crafty/arty bone in her body. If she didn't look so much like me, I'd think she was switched at birth. She didn't even color well until she was an adult and got colored pencils and those adult coloring books to help her relax.

When DD was in grade school, maybe 5th or 6th grade, her school had a book fair with a contest for the best poster promoting the book fair. She was really big into Garfield at the time so we came up with an idea to use 1 of the lasagna comic strips except change it to promoting the book fair. She won, rather we won, and she got several free books.

Yes, I was 1 of  those moms, but, TBH, she doesn't have a crafty/arty bone in her body. If she didn't look so much like me, I'd think she was switched at birth. She didn't even color well until she was an adult and got colored pencils and those adult coloring books to help her relax.
It’s amazing how a child can strongly take after one parent in looks and someone else entirely for their inner working.
I look very similar to my mum and yet have spent my life listening to “You’re just like your father” 😂

My eldest looks very very similar to Mr SSOAP and yet his brain seems to work similarly to mine.

Here’s a butternut squash lasagna I made a while back:

Butternut squash lasagna

It was fine, but it just didn’t scratch that lasagna itch.
Yeah, we do layered vegetable lasagnas from time to time, and they are good, but just not lasagna.

We were watching the Great Chefs show once and they did a lobster and roasted vegetable one where everything was already cooked and just layered and weighted, so I guess it's a terrine technically. It was served at room temperature to just slightly warmed. I jotted down the steps but have never made it yet. I'll get around to it 1 day but I'm sure it won't feel like lasagna either even though that's what the chef called it IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom