Last thing that you bought for your kitchen?

Two oven thermometers from Amazon. :whistling:

This is what mainly happens when dealing with 2nd or 3rd-party sellers. After the sale is made, they seem to skip town & are seemingly never heard from again!! It has happened to me at Amazon!! Since then, I don't deal with those people now. 😡

I assume you are an Amazon Prime member. If there is such a thing, you are probably an Amazon Super Golden Platinum Prime member.

CD

This is what mainly happens when dealing with 2nd or 3rd-party sellers. After the sale is made, they seem to skip town & are seemingly never heard from again!! It has happened to me at Amazon!! Since then, I don't deal with those people now. 😡

It happens, but rarely. And if you know how to interact with Amazon, Walmart or whoever, you can get a refund.

I started going to Target for some kitchen stuff to avoid the possibilty of that happening. I bought the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker from there. But the thing was so blasted heavy that it made me wonder if I could get it home on the bus!! I had to muster up all the strength that I could getting it home. Since then, I just stick with stuff that is light & easy to carry. :whistling:

I think the last thing I bought for my kitchen was a food processor. Back in 2015.
I´ve got some really good chef´s knives, some great stainless steel bowls; some great pans, and a lot of "let´s get to it". I don´t think I need any fancy gadgets to supplement that. However, I´m a sort of "lets-get-to-the-basics" cook, so I can understand why folks would think " why bother when I´ve got a machine". Each to their own.
I would draw the line at making Thai green/red curry in a mortar, however, or a Mexican mole .Stuff the whole damn lot in a blender and be done with it. :laugh:

I just received the Japanese udon or ramen noodle bowls I ordered from e-Bay after being burned by that rip-off seller Walmart merchant. These are 9.75" wide which is much better than the 4" wide soup bowls I have been using. I can photograph food items in these bowls with no worry about some ingredients being hidden.

full.jpg

Just bought these tiny little single-serve gratin dishes:

Staub - not cheap! I've one cast iron Staub skillet (single serving) and I like it very much.
These aren't cast iron, just ceramic (but oven-safe to 300C/572F!), so not very expensive at all - $6US each. 😎

Back
Top Bottom