Leftover marinated anchovies ideas

Shelley226

Local time
2:43 PM
Hi everyone
I have about 1/2 tub leftover anchovies, (the ones that are marinated in oil and vinegar from tesco) that need to be used today. Any ideas what I could make with them to freeze? I use anchovies to make pasta sauce, would these work with that being marinated in vinegar? Do they freeze well and I could defrost to use in a stew? Any tips would be great!

Maybe this could help? Itโ€™s a bruschetta (toasted bread) with butter, anchovies, chili pepper and parsley

Thanks for the reply! I actually got them for bruschetta and would love to make it again but I won't make it to the shop today for fresh ingredients so I think I need to cook with them or freeze them ๐Ÿ˜„

That mousse sounds delicious! I could probably separate the fillets and freeze them since they would be getting blended for something like that.

Thanks for the reply! I actually got them for bruschetta and would love to make it again but I won't make it to the shop today for fresh ingredients so I think I need to cook with them or freeze them ๐Ÿ˜„

Maybe just make a simple anchovy sauce with melted butter for pasta? Iโ€™m wandering through my mind but most of my ideas are headed to pasta ๐Ÿ˜…
I don't have crackers but I have oatcakes ๐Ÿ˜„ if all else fails I could use them

Oatcakes! Yep, they work perfectly ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

To be honest I'm also thinking to just make a big batch of pasta sauce ๐Ÿ˜„ something I make a lot anyway. Also have tomatoes, some capers and garlic to use so I think fate is telling me to go for the pasta sauce haha. Could half them and do both tomato and butter sauce and freeze for through the week. Thanks for your help! I had a nosey at some of your recipes, sound lovely!

To be honest I'm also thinking to just make a big batch of pasta sauce ๐Ÿ˜„ something I make a lot anyway. Also have tomatoes, some capers and garlic to use so I think fate is telling me to go for the pasta sauce haha. Could half them and do both tomato and butter sauce and freeze for through the week. Thanks for your help! I had a nosey at some of your recipes, sound lovely!

Thanks a lot ๐Ÿ™‚
Your pasta sounds just like Puttanesca, lovely!
I also add oregano or parsley sometimes

How about a janssons temptation style dish?
I'll be honest, I had to look that up as I had no idea what it was ๐Ÿ˜„ looks really tasty! Could maybe have it with roast beef in a Sunday style dinner? I am going to pat them dry and freeze them because I have a few ideas now ๐Ÿ˜„ i think we've only eaten 6/8 out of the whole tub so it's such a waste. But now I think I have a few uses for them ๐Ÿ˜

Back
Top Bottom