TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:50 AM
Lime Vinaigrette
Makes about 1/2 cup

Ingredients
1 TB lime zest and 2 TB lime juice (from 1 lime)
¼ tsp kosher salt, plus more if needed
½ TB Dijon mustard
½ tsp maple syrup
½ cup olive oil

Directions
Zest the lime. Sprinkle it with the kosher salt, then mince it as fine as possible. Holding the blunt edge of the knife, scrape the sharp edge of the blade over the minced lime zest, holding the knife at an angle and mashing the zest into a paste. This should only take a minute or so.

Place the zest in a medium bowl and it whisk together with the Dijon mustard, lime juice, and maple syrup. Gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 TB at a time (8 TB total), until creamy and emulsified. If desired, season with additional salt.

Recipe courtesy of acouplecooks.com

Lime Vinaigrette
Makes about 1/2 cup

Ingredients
1 TB lime zest and 2 TB lime juice (from 1 lime)
¼ tsp kosher salt, plus more if needed
½ TB Dijon mustard
½ tsp maple syrup
½ cup olive oil

Directions
Zest the lime. Sprinkle it with the kosher salt, then mince it as fine as possible. Holding the blunt edge of the knife, scrape the sharp edge of the blade over the minced lime zest, holding the knife at an angle and mashing the zest into a paste. This should only take a minute or so.

Place the zest in a medium bowl and it whisk together with the Dijon mustard, lime juice, and maple syrup. Gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 TB at a time (8 TB total), until creamy and emulsified. If desired, season with additional salt.

Recipe courtesy of acouplecooks.com

That combo sounds awesome. I'm stealing this and experimenting over the next few months. I need another salad creation. Plus I should be getting my own limes this year. Planted a new one 2 years ago. Does it taste like an acid bite ??

Russ

Does it taste like an acid bite ??
Not at all, but I increased the oil and maple syrup, because MrsT doesn’t like sharp vinaigrettes.

I thought it tasted really good, but she still didn’t care for it! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom