Liquorice - do you love it or hate it?

Nope, nope, nope as far as candy.

I love roasted fennel and I use fennel seed and pollen in cooking. Anisette gets used when I make my favorite mussel dish.

That’s some good licorice right there:

IMG_7259.jpeg

Wait…that is licorice…right?…right? :laugh:

I like it. But, I've read that it can be bad for people over 40 and anybody with high blood pressure..I already eat and drink enough stuff that is bad for me so I avoid it..

Wife used to buy black knight licorice. Different shapes n sizes. I remember Pipe shapes. She only eats in bursts as something about her health???
Then she likes aniseed and I dont. But I use it in my curries and garam masala.

Russ

Wife used to buy black knight licorice. Different shapes n sizes. I remember Pipe shapes. She only eats in bursts as something about her health???
Then she likes aniseed and I dont. But I use it in my curries and garam masala.

Russ

I like both, TVC likes neither. Used to be rather partial to an aniseed ball or 2.

You should pull up this years 'Nigella's Amsterdam Christmas Special' on the iplayer and forward to the liquorice shop bit. She has a lovely case she purportedly keeps her liquorice in, made me think shame I don't like liquorice! 😂

I avoided that when broadcast as I'm fed up with Nigella's smugness. She does have recipes which work though. I will take a look.

I avoided that when broadcast as I'm fed up with Nigella's smugness. She does have recipes which work though. I will take a look.
I agree completely, she‘s mad and smug but her recipes are interesting.
I didn’t watch it til after christmas when a recipe I fancied popped up on a feed.

My liquorice has arrived!
Have never ever liked liquorice until I had Lakrids classic liquorice this Christmas with a cup of coffee. Wow it’s good. Has completely changed my mind about liquorice, well the Lakrids Classic liquorice anyway, the jury is out on the other flavours until they’ve all been sampled.
View attachment 108837
I can't stand it!

How it goes at my house:

1. Turn on TV
2. Randomly scan programs
3. See Nigella special, select that

Me: “Ohhhhhh, Nigella…kiss me!”

4. One-half of one second later

Me: “Away with you, Nigella! You disgust me!”

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom