Lobster Tails

Termyn8or

Local time
6:58 AM
I have given up on whole lobster, I figure I can do the tails. Other than maybe a few pointers on cooking them, there are other issues. Like what to have with them.

I won't eat anchovies, but I could the paste because, well it is like hot dogs - if you knew what was in them you would never eat them, but you should because they got nutrients out the gazoob.

Now, maybe a pasta with some sauce, what sauce ?

I don't want a surf-n-turf, I've had plenty of those.

Just what would you have with a couple of lobtails ?

T

I have given up on whole lobster, I figure I can do the tails. Other than maybe a few pointers on cooking them, there are other issues. Like what to have with them.

I won't eat anchovies, but I could the paste because, well it is like hot dogs - if you knew what was in them you would never eat them, but you should because they got nutrients out the gazoob.

Now, maybe a pasta with some sauce, what sauce ?

I don't want a surf-n-turf, I've had plenty of those.

Just what would you have with a couple of lobtails ?

T

Garlic butter is good on the tail itself, but I like to bed a lobster tail on something like broccoli and add to that some cheesey garlic bread. What else might you bed a lobster tail on? You might also have a soup, perhaps, clam chowder or a Ducket's bucket.

You can also make lobster tail sandwiches or a lobster soup, or a lobster salad.

There you have a couple ideas.

Last edited:
One of my fave sammiches is crayfish tail and mashed egg. With a bit of mayo. My wife gags at the smell of seafood so I make it when she's nowhere to be seen. You really need to try it?

Russ

Steamed with Old Bay and served with lemon garlic butter.

One of my fave sammiches is crayfish tail and mashed egg. With a bit of mayo. My wife gags at the smell of seafood so I make it when she's nowhere to be seen. You really need to try it?

Russ

Translation: "Crayfish" down under is what we would call spiny lobster in the US.

CD

Here we call them crawfish. One of my best dishes is Crawfish Monica. Very simple. Butter, green onions and minced garlic and heavy cream.

If I were to serve lobster tail with pasta, I'd lean towards a creamy pasta, like Alfredo, not a tomato sauce. Potatoes au gratin sounds good, too. For a healthier choice, perhaps some oven roasted broccoli and cauliflower.

CD

Here we call them crawfish. One of my best dishes is Crawfish Monica. Very simple. Butter, green onions and minced garlic and heavy cream.

Our crawfish (Gulf coast) are not the same as Australian/NZ crayfish. Crayfish down there are actually what we call lobsters here, and most similar to the spiny lobsters found in the Caribbean.

CD

Our crawfish (Gulf coast) are not the same as Australian/NZ crayfish. Crayfish down there are actually what we call lobsters here, and most similar to the spiny lobsters found in the Caribbean.

CD

We also have koura, fresh water ones like crawfish over there. They are smaller so sweet and yummy, I havnt had a feed for 30 years, I heard recently they were going to be farmed???

Russ

All I want to know is whether to boil or broil. I am really towards boil because it is the old way and I don't have to fire up the oven. That A/C unit is right behind me in my little basement Man cave, running right now which is about a buck an hour.

T

You lose flavor when you boil into the water.

You can also steam, at least you don't lose so much flavor that way.

Back
Top Bottom