Looking for ideas for a pasta recipe

Discussion in 'Rice, Pasta, Pulses and Grains' started by MrMajeika, Feb 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MrMajeika

MrMajeika New Member

Want to make pasta for dinner. I like to make pasta puttanesca alot or sometimes other vegetables such as zucchini or aubergine. I'm looking for something a bit different to make tonight. Any suggestions? Vegetarian please.

2. MypinchofItaly

MypinchofItaly Über Member Recipe Challenge Judge

3. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Welcome to CookingBites @MrMajeika. I like puttanesca too - although its not vegetarian traditionally. I suppose if you are making it for dinner tonight its going to depend on the ingredients you have to hand. How about pesto?

If you have a moment please introduce yourself in New Member Introductions. We love to know more about our members!

4. Karen W

Karen W Senior Member

Pasta Primavera
    Aglio olio w mushrooms
    Pasta al la Norma
    Pasta w eggplant meatballs

5. Frizz1974

Frizz1974 Senior Member

Gently pan fry diced zucchini in olive oil until starting to get a nice golden colour. Add garlic, basil, Parmesan, cracked black pepper then the noodles and some pasta cooking water. Simple. Delicious.

6. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

Are we talking fresh or dried pasta?

7. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

Vegan pesto and spinach is my current favourite. I also like roasting garlic and tomatoes and making a sauce from that with uncooked basil.