Looking for something saucy

Helping hands

Local time
6:43 PM
Hey folks,

My late father and I used to love sharing stories about our times working as chefs and there was one particular recipe that he used to tell me about and for the life of me I cannot remember so I'm begging some help to track it down as I would love to give it a try.

I have tried using Google but all it comes up with are BBQ or chilli sauce recipes that and pictures of dogs.

The sauce recipe I am trying to find is usually served with steak and it's called king Charles sauce (hence the pictures of dogs)

Please help me to find this recipe

Can you describe the taste/texture/color or know any of the ingredients?

Hey folks,

My late father and I used to love sharing stories about our times working as chefs and there was one particular recipe that he used to tell me about and for the life of me I cannot remember so I'm begging some help to track it down as I would love to give it a try.

I have tried using Google but all it comes up with are BBQ or chilli sauce recipes that and pictures of dogs.

The sauce recipe I am trying to find is usually served with steak and it's called king Charles sauce (hence the pictures of dogs)

Please help me to find this recipe

Yes more info required. I make a nice garlic sauce for steaks.

Russ

Can you describe the taste/texture/color or know any of the ingredients?

I'm not sure, I've not actually tried it myself. I think but cannot be certain that it contained brandy. other than that and the name of it, I don't have much to go on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did he work for a restaurant called King Charles? Maybe it's a house sauce? I can't find anything, other than a pretty vague mention of possibly a variant of Worcestershire, and I am very good at research as it's a big part of my work. I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking, but can usually find something to at least give a good start fairly quickly.

Did he work for a restaurant called King Charles? Maybe it's a house sauce? I can't find anything, other than a pretty vague mention of possibly a variant of Worcestershire, and I am very good at research as it's a big part of my work. I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking, but can usually find something to at least give a good start fairly quickly.

Couldn't track anything down either - and I'm a pretty good researcher too. I reckon between us, @medtran49 we could probably track most things down!

No he didn't work for restaurant called king Charles he worked for a few different hotels around London then moved onto running pubs with his wife.

No he didn't work for restaurant called king Charles he worked for a few different hotels around London then moved onto running pubs with his wife.

Sorry we haven't been able to help. I think the only hope is to talk to someone (if there is anyone) who also knew about the sauce to see if they can remember any of the ingredients.

Is it possible to contact the hotel's kitchen staff to see if the sauce was developed at one of them?

Back
Top Bottom