Looking for the name of an asian meal

aquaticneko

Veteran
Local time
4:16 AM
i once had an anniversary meal at a chinese restaurant that claims to be authentic. On the menu the item was simply called eggroll. This name when googled, is basically springroll but with meat as far as I knew. My mother is baffled as well and she grew up cooking authentic chinese.

The dish itself seems like a chinese style of meatloaf with the exception that it had a thin springroll like wrapper around the "loaf" of pork and chicken mixed meat. On the serving platter it was served much like several portions of meatloaf would be. Thin slices of the "loaf" with vegetables and garnishes.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of dish? If so what is the correct name? Is it just a restaurant specific dish?

The only suggestion that I can make is that I have tried a dish at a Chinese banquet where a mixture similar to what you describe was wrapped in something resembling a small, thin omelette. The restaurant was actually in Fuerta Ventura. As far as I am aware, this was a meat eggroll but Chinese food is certainly not a speciality of mine! British, Italian and Indian are cuisines I am more familiar with.

The only suggestion that I can make is that I have tried a dish at a Chinese banquet where a mixture similar to what you describe was wrapped in something resembling a small, thin omelette. The restaurant was actually in Fuerta Ventura. As far as I am aware, this was a meat eggroll but Chinese food is certainly not a speciality of mine! British, Italian and Indian are cuisines I am more familiar with.

This is it! I cannot find it anywhere else under any Chinese name at all. I can't even ask many of my chinese friend's older family since they usually don't know what I'm talking about or I don't know how to parse it to them. I don't speak Chinese, this is my big problem. Did it have any names written at the dish? Did people call it anything? What you describe is essentially what I remember it as.

Back
Top Bottom