Major Life Changes

Well good news ,went for a ultra sound on my heart,and the X-ray lady said when did you have a ecg,I said 3 weeks ago when it first started,she said your heart appears to be normal now,and got me a ecg straight away and he confirmed it during a resting ecg ,so waiting to my next move they can't shock me if I'm out of
Af so here's hoping ,waiting to speak to my doctor as I type this
Hopefully it was a blip ,who knows but fingers crossed
What does the Dr say?

What does the Dr say?
First thing welcome back hope all went well,
My GP was a bit vague and said carry on as normal with the meds and will try and make contact with the cardiac dept Tomorrow, the balls are still up in the air as they say , but I had come out of af, so that's a start

First thing welcome back hope all went well,
My GP was a bit vague and said carry on as normal with the meds and will try and make contact with the cardiac dept Tomorrow, the balls are still up in the air as they say , but I had come out of af, so that's a start
Thanks. Currently looking at a night of little sleep.
It seems to have gone well from what I can work out. Will speak with my surgeon tomorrow afternoon hopefully

Thanks. Currently looking at a night of little sleep.
It seems to have gone well from what I can work out. Will speak with my surgeon tomorrow afternoon hopefully
You in hospital?
If you are in at present, best o'luck with what ever they do.

Last edited:
I haven't given up the hope of touring. I can now cycle 20 miles and my recumbent trike can take my crutches. The trike was purchased with the ability to take a pannier rack as well. I'm slow but I still manage more than most people. Camping could be an issue but my surgeon is hopeful of getting me back on my feet literally. Today I am in for my spine to be fused.. I'm just waiting to be yes taken down to theatre as I type this! I'm guessing I probably won't ever work again unless the surgery makes a massive difference to life right now but there we go. Luckily my husband earns enough to cover both of us if we are careful but I don't think we will be able to complete our world tour! But to be honest I think we both know how lucky I have been. I just need to be able to sit, that's all I want from this operation! To be able to sit again!
Currently I can only walk with 2 crutches. I can cope with that if it is how it has to be. Sitting is just what I want to be able to do and ideally without the aid of large quantities of morphine!
Best wishes to you and your wife. Have you looked at recumbent trikes? I have found them to be wonderful and they can even have an aid to help you in and out of the seat.
I wish you well But our true problem lies in the fact that she has almost no balance and getting up from a trike would be virtually impossible, she needs help to get up from a low garden chair, [the only way she can get off the m/cycle [and I swapped my sports job for a 'custom' variety to get the lower seat to give her a chance], except when we are at home where we have a small 'mounting stool' is to fall off]. There is also the problem that her spinal pain is too much to allow her to ride anything for long, as in minutes [even trips in the car can be hard on bad days] and she will never get better.
Still it could be worse and we are still at least together. We have to live on our savings [which the government seems to want to take off us] and a small pension from my old job - but as I say it could be worse.
I with you the best

Well good news ,went for a ultra sound on my heart,and the X-ray lady said when did you have a ecg,I said 3 weeks ago when it first started,she said your heart appears to be normal now,and got me a ecg straight away and he confirmed it during a resting ecg ,so waiting to my next move they can't shock me if I'm out of
Af so here's hoping ,waiting to speak to my doctor as I type this
Hopefully it was a blip ,who knows but fingers crossed

Sorry, I'll get the hang of this one day. The message I just posted was meant to be in reply to this from Berties.

I haven't given up the hope of touring. I can now cycle 20 miles and my recumbent trike can take my crutches. The trike was purchased with the ability to take a pannier rack as well. I'm slow but I still manage more than most people. Camping could be an issue but my surgeon is hopeful of getting me back on my feet literally. Today I am in for my spine to be fused.. I'm just waiting to be yes taken down to theatre as I type this! I'm guessing I probably won't ever work again unless the surgery makes a massive difference to life right now but there we go. Luckily my husband earns enough to cover both of us if we are careful but I don't think we will be able to complete our world tour! But to be honest I think we both know how lucky I have been. I just need to be able to sit, that's all I want from this operation! To be able to sit again!
Currently I can only walk with 2 crutches. I can cope with that if it is how it has to be. Sitting is just what I want to be able to do and ideally without the aid of large quantities of morphine!
Best wishes to you and your wife. Have you looked at recumbent trikes? I have found them to be wonderful and they can even have an aid to help you in and out of the seat.

Good luck with getting your spine fused SatNav. We will all keep you in our thoughts as hopefully they are able to make you be able to sit again. It sounds as though you are getting stronger with each passing day. Don't give up hope!

I wish you well But our true problem lies in the fact that she has almost no balance and getting up from a trike would be virtually impossible, she needs help to get up from a low garden chair, [the only way she can get off the m/cycle [and I swapped my sports job for a 'custom' variety to get the lower seat to give her a chance], except when we are at home where we have a small 'mounting stool' is to fall off]. There is also the problem that her spinal pain is too much to allow her to ride anything for long, as in minutes [even trips in the car can be hard on bad days] and she will never get better.
Still it could be worse and we are still at least together. We have to live on our savings [which the government seems to want to take off us] and a small pension from my old job - but as I say it could be worse.
I with you the best
I had spinal surgery yesterday to try to deal with the fact that I can't sit at all. I can't travel in a car at all. I haven't left the house except by trike or stretcher in over 6 months. Can't dress or wash myself and i can't walk without assistance (2 crutches). I have a disability aid fitted to the recumbent trike and the trike has a seat that lies down enough for me to get the weight off my spine. Until yesterday I was completely non-weight bearing on my spine! I don't know where I am now following the surgery but it does appear to have gone well. What I will recover in the way of use of my leg etc I have no idea.
You in hospital?
If you are in at present, best o'luck with what ever they do.
Yes. 5 nights, 6 days unless I escape early!

Good luck with getting your spine fused SatNav. We will all keep you in our thoughts as hopefully they are able to make you be able to sit again. It sounds as though you are getting stronger with each passing day. Don't give up hope!
Thank you.

Wow I am so sorry for all of your stories, it seems we all have been through a lot on here.

I also have an injury which took me out of running, something that was a part of me for a long time. I have finally let it go and no longer hope to run the distances I used to, actually, I have finally got to the point where I am no longer upset if I would never run again. I've also recently gone through a lot of life changes for the worse; my health, my physical locale and my living situation, my husband's attitude to life and work since our move, all in addition to being the sole caretaker for my ailing mother who lives 10 hours away. I have had a hard ride the past 3 years.

I will say that lately though I have begun to "accept" this new life as my own, instead of pining for the life I had prior to all this. I have started to do a lot of clutter clearing, throwing out things from my "old" life, I have started doing some yoga, looking into Qi Gong, I have been getting acupuncture, and have been attempting some breathing meditation. Because of this I have started to feel more grounded and able to accept my situation as it is, and have kind of "let go" of my old life (the one I had kept fighting to try and get back) and am for the first time starting to slowly look forward a tiny bit, instead of constantly looking back.

Change is hard, I have always had a big problem letting things/people go. All we can do is go day by day and make the best of each moment we have.

Wow I am so sorry for all of your stories, it seems we all have been through a lot on here.

I also have an injury which took me out of running, something that was a part of me for a long time. I have finally let it go and no longer hope to run the distances I used to, actually, I have finally got to the point where I am no longer upset if I would never run again. I've also recently gone through a lot of life changes for the worse; my health, my physical locale and my living situation, my husband's attitude to life and work since our move, all in addition to being the sole caretaker for my ailing mother who lives 10 hours away. I have had a hard ride the past 3 years.

I will say that lately though I have begun to "accept" this new life as my own, instead of pining for the life I had prior to all this. I have started to do a lot of clutter clearing, throwing out things from my "old" life, I have started doing some yoga, looking into Qi Gong, I have been getting acupuncture, and have been attempting some breathing meditation. Because of this I have started to feel more grounded and able to accept my situation as it is, and have kind of "let go" of my old life (the one I had kept fighting to try and get back) and am for the first time starting to slowly look forward a tiny bit, instead of constantly looking back.

Change is hard, I have always had a big problem letting things/people go. All we can do is go day by day and make the best of each moment we have.
All so very true,but it's initially how we all deal with things in the beginning , we can't make our selves deal with it quicker ,
We've got to do what's best for us and them fight on,

well what a roller coaster ride this past month,I've just had a call from the cardiac ward ,and they said i am out of af,and i have to return next month ,they have taken me off some meds,and give it a few days and start to exercise again ,with a view to coming off all meds after another clear ecg ,praise the lord,a blip or a warning not to over do it

SatNav- I hope your road to recovery is a great one and I am continuing to keep you and your health in my thoughts and prayers!

Berties- happy to hear you got some good news from the doctor!

My situation is still a very emotional one and I am trying to dig down deep to figure out what I am going to do. My family is sort of in a crisis mode at the moment and I have to think of me and the kids. There is something not right with my husband, but we are communicating a little more. I need him to be honest with me though

Back
Top Bottom