Making a 7up Cake.

I've heard of it, but have never eaten it.

CD

I think that you should try it someday. It is very good!! I used to make it so much that when I do, I don't look at the recipe! I know exactly what goes in it - only 6 ingredients. Don't get me wrong, I still measure everything to the letter. And it comes out luxuriously appointed & DELISH!! Everyone who has tried it, loves it! I used to sell cakes years ago, and this was one of them!! I posted the recipe here for it. If you think you want to try it, just let me know, & I'll pull it up for you. :whistling:

Last edited:
Hell is that?

Here it is! Looks like a reguar ordinary pound cake, & it's made like one, except that it has 7up soda in it. No leavening is used at all! It rises on egg power along. I got this recipe years ago from a trusted friend who, sadly, has passed on. I've only had one mishap with it, in all the times that I've been making it! :whistling:

Last edited:
Pop/soda cakes were popular in the ‘50’s and ‘60’s (I think), and there are a lot of varieties. Mom used to make a Dr. Pepper cake, and I’ve seen Orange crush cakes before, but I think 7Up (and Sprite) cakes were the most frequently made.

Looks good! Can you make a 7up glaze for it?

I used to make one years ago, but I thought that it didn't need one after a while. Most of my cakes don't have a glaze or frosting except for the German Chocolate Cake, where a pecan coconut frosting is made & the sides of the cake are left exposed. Or the Coconut cake, where the sides are frosted also.

The glaze for the 7up Cake is usually just lemon juice, powdered sugar & some lemon peel or zest. A few tad drops of milk. It's a very thin icing that would drizzle down the sides of the cake. :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom