Making a 7up Cake.

I used to make one years ago, but I thought that it didn't need one after a while. Most of my cakes don't have a glaze or frosting except for the German Chocolate Cake, where a pecan coconut frosting is made & the sides of the cake are left exposed. Or the Coconut cake, where the sides are frosted also.

The glaze for the 7up Cake is usually just lemon juice, powdered sugar & some lemon peel or zest. A few tad drops of milk. It's a very trhing icing that would drizzle down the sides of the cake. :whistling:
Sounds good, though I was thinking more of a glaze made out of 7up :hungry:

Sounds good, though I was thinking more of a glaze made out of 7up :hungry:

I've only used the soda in the making of the cake batter itself.Here's a pic of the cake that I made last night!! In fact, the soda is the last thing that you add to the batter. It didn't brown that much on the top, but the structure & taste is fine. Usually, if I have a lemon, I use the zest from it to help enhance the flavor of the lemon taste. :whistling:

Last edited:
I have 2- 10-inch tube pans in case I'm ever asked to make two of the cakes, such as for a dinner or gathering. My mixer has an 8-qt. bowl to accommodate up to 2 recipes at once. :whistling:

Yeah, I would guess that the carbonation makes the batter lighter?

I think that has something to do with it. Baking is a science & an art, but more of a science. If something is missing, it may throw the whole thing off! You can cook & improvise if you don't have something that you'd normally use, but for baking bread or a cake, you practically have to have what you'd need, otherwise what you intend to bake may be compromised. You don't want that. You want it to be perfect, as intended to be.
An example of that is, that I once mistakingly used the wrong flour (self-rising), & it was a pure disaster!! The cake rose and ran over, then it had flattened & was heavy as hell, like 10 bricks!! I had no choice but to throw it all away & start all over, the next day with just plain flour!! Couldn't eat it at all!! :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom