Making cheese sticks - I have questions.

Here is a different idea. Go to the super market and get frozen puff pastry sheets. You need eggs, fine grated cheese, your favourite seasonings and herbs. Now you take one sheet of pastry, whip 1 egg and brush egg on the whole top of the pastry sheet. Now sprinkle the fine graded cheese on top of the egg covered sheet. Now sprinkle the lot with your preferred seasoning. Take a pastry wheel and roll the cheese gently to make it stick to the egg and pastry. Now cut the pastry in to strips or triangles. Place the strips or triangles on a baking tray and place it in to a pre heated oven. Bake by about 180 degrees until cheese is melted and pastry is golden brown. The baking time is about 10 minutes. I hope this will work for you. They are very tasty and popular amongst my guests.

I have done something very similar to this but using wonton wrappers instead of puff pastry. The cheese sticks turned out really well and were delicious!

I have done something very similar to this but using wonton wrappers instead of puff pastry. The cheese sticks turned out really well and were delicious!
I had some leftover wonton wrappers the other day. I didn't want to refreeze them. I took some good chocolate and a marshmellow each put then in the center and rolled them up! Strangest way to ever have smores! I have to try this next time. It never occurred to me that cheese filling would be good too. I suppose you could even deconstruct it and dip them into cheese already melted, fondue style too.

I had some leftover wonton wrappers the other day. I didn't want to refreeze them. I took some good chocolate and a marshmellow each put then in the center and rolled them up! Strangest way to ever have smores! I have to try this next time. It never occurred to me that cheese filling would be good too. I suppose you could even deconstruct it and dip them into cheese already melted, fondue style too.

OK, that s'mores idea is genius. I have to try it next time I have wonton wrappers around. I see a wonton cheese stick and s'mores meal in my near future.

I have made them before using the string cheese, I cut the sticks in half, roll in bread crumbs then fry. done.

Back
Top Bottom