Recipe Massada de peixe (fish with pasta)

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
9:01 AM
312656424_672290514486935_8342071712336431062_n.jpg

- 700g red fish, hake fish or other fish of your choice
- 200g shrimp
- 1,5l water + 250ml water
- 200g tomato sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 250g pasta like penne, rigatoni or fusili
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- chopped parsley or coriander

1. Boil fish with 1,5l water until cooked
2. Remove heads and skins from shrimp and reserve the rest of the shrimp. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the shrimp heads and skins. Stir fry until soft, using a spoon to crush the shrimps heads and skins to release their flavor. Add 250l water and let it boil and reduce. When reduced, transfer water to a separate bowl using a colander, removing the shrimp's heads and skins.
3. When fish is cooked, remove fish and, using a colander, transfer water to a separate bowl.
4. Shred fish, removing skins and bones and reserve the fish.
5. On another pan, add oilve oil, onion, garlic and bay leaf and stir fry a little. Add tomato sauce. Add the water where you cooked the fish and shrimp heads/skin, season with salt to taste, let water boil and, when it does, add pasta.
6. Cook pasta and, about 3 minutes before pasta is done, add the shrimps and let them cook. Turn heat off, add fish and chopped coriander and serve.

Notes: You can add a bit of heat to this dish by adding chili peppers or a couple drops of hot sauce to your taste.

Happy cooking!

I have to admit that I don’t eat as much fish as I should and I need to change that.
This dish looks very fresh, filling and easy to assemble. A very home style type of recipe. I like it! :)

I have to admit that I don’t eat as much fish as I should and I need to change that.
This dish looks very fresh, filling and easy to assemble. A very home style type of recipe. I like it! :)
Thank you! It's indeed a very easy recipe and an easy way to include more fish in one's diet.

Back
Top Bottom