Maximum file sizes for attachments?

Thanks for helping out! It seems that all pics get downsized a lot regardless of the original file size and the uploading method. The main thing is to take relatively sharp photos in decent lighting conditions - preferably with light coming from above and/or from both sides.

In fact one sided lighting is very good for food photos. Its what I do and is recommended by professional food photographers when using natural light. Light needs to be behind or from the side. Overhead is OK but produces flat results. See my set up photo here with back light. Resulting photo is the post after. Its shot on mobile phone. No tripod. No extra lighting.

The downsizing on CookingBites really doesn't affect the images too much so long as your original images are high spec as you say. I can see the difference if I compare my images on my computer with the same images on CookingBites, but its not too bad.

We still don't know why you can't attach images over 2.5MB and yet TastyReuben and I can...

In fact one sided lighting is very good for food photos. Its what I do and is recommended by professional food photographers when using natural light. Light needs to be behind or from the side. Overhead is OK but produces flat results. See my set up photo here with back light. Resulting photo is the post after. Its shot on mobile phone. No tripod. No extra lighting.

The downsizing on CookingBites really doesn't affect the images too much so long as your original images are high spec as you say. I can see the difference if I compare my images on my computer with the same images on CookingBites, but its not too bad.

We still don't know why you can't attach images over 2.5MB and yet TastyReuben and I can...
Ok, thanks for the lighting tips, Morning Glory. Back light or one-sided lighting preferably.

Unfortunately I can't upload images over 2.5MB to the Media folder either. I tried another browser, disabled the AdBlocker etc. but nothing helped. I made up a new pic cloud storage account and uploaded a larger pic from there. It worked - but not without cloud storage tags and a strange frame so that's not an option. 2.5MB limit is alright with me although the Media folder should accept 10MB images. I often upload large folders (dozens of MBs) to the uni cloud service. I don't want to upload the pics straight from my phone. Maybe that would work... I'll try that next.

Edit. Nope, that didn't work either (so it's not a Windows 10 or laptop related issue).

Ok, thanks for the lighting tips, Morning Glory. Back light or one-sided lighting preferably.

Unfortunately I can't upload images over 2.5MB to the Media folder either. I tried another browser, disabled the AdBlocker etc. but nothing helped. I made up a new pic cloud storage account and uploaded a larger pic from there. It worked - but not without cloud storage tags and a strange frame so that's not an option. 2.5MB limit is alright with me although the Media folder should accept 10MB images. I often upload large folders (dozens of MBs) to the uni cloud service. I don't want to upload the pics straight from my phone. Maybe that would work... I'll try that next.

Edit. Nope, that didn't work either (so it's not a Windows 10 or laptop related issue).

Sorry I can't help more. I'm as puzzled as you are. We need SatNavSaysStraightOn to look into this/comment. It would be interesting to know if any other members have issues uploading larger files.

All my photos are taken with my Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge, saved to My Gallery via SD card. When I need to post a photo, I go into My Gallery and upload it into the forum.

Back
Top Bottom