Meals in mugs

Bakemehappy

Veteran
Local time
1:28 AM
I just love the idea of big mugs and I found our lately that there are some foodies online who make their own recipes about meals they cook in a mug. Have you guys tried creating your own? Most of the ones I had seen so far are desserts and sweets anyone here who had made some dish or meals?

I've only made mug cakes myself but now I'm curious about what recipes I could make in a mug. I find that mug cakes hit my sweets cravings on their head, so perhaps other mug foods could be good when I just want a light meal!!

I'll be following this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions!

I make meat loaf in a mug. It is really good. You can also make an omelet in a mug. Just take all the ingredients you use to make an omelet. Stir it up and cook.

Meat Loaf In A Mug

• 2 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
  • 1/4 pound lean ground beef
  • Additional ketchup, optional
Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
  2. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
  3. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Enjoy!

My boys have a mug with lines in it to make a sponge in the microwave ,
Tastes like rubber hinted with coco powder

Coffee Cup Chilaquiles

Ingredients

1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
Salt
Ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sharp cheddar cheese
5 tortilla chips, divided
1 tablespoon salsa
Sour cream
Queso fresco
Chopped green onion

Method
1. Beat egg and milk with a fork in a coffee cup, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add cheddar; stir to coat. Break 3 or 4 tortilla chips into small pieces to fit in the cup; stir into the mixture. Add salsa.

2. Microwave on high until done, about 1 minute, 10 seconds. Garnish with remaining tortilla chips, sour cream, queso fresco and green onion.

Per serving:
180 calories;
11g fat;
4g saturated fat;
195mg cholesterol;
10g protein;
11g carbohydrate;
1.5g sugar;
1g fiber;
315mg sodium;
95mg calcium.

Serves One

I've only made mug cakes myself but now I'm curious about what recipes I could make in a mug. I find that mug cakes hit my sweets cravings on their head, so perhaps other mug foods could be good when I just want a light meal!!

I'll be following this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions!
Like these?
Cup  Cake.jpg

CupCake Anyone.jpg

Last edited:
I make meat loaf in a mug. It is really good. You can also make an omelet in a mug. Just take all the ingredients you use to make an omelet. Stir it up and cook.

Meat Loaf In A Mug

• 2 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
  • 1/4 pound lean ground beef
  • Additional ketchup, optional
Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
  2. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
  3. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Enjoy!
Can we omit the oats in it? What is the purpose of it do you use it as an extender or does it add flavor to the dish? I never use oats yet on any food that I prepare but this is quite interesting to know that you can use it on a recipe such as this one. I think I would love to try this it looks quite easy to pull off thanks for sharing.

Coffee Cup Chilaquiles

Ingredients

Queso fresco

Serves One

This looks quite easy for me to cook. The ingredients are not hard to find except for queso fresco. It is my first time to hear about this can I buy it in the grocery ? Have you tried a substitute for it and how was it?

The other photos posted here look tempting although I am assuming they are too sweet. I would still love to try them nonetheless.

I will be out picking up some big mugs to use to make a few of these creations. I have never made any type of meal in a mug. the meal loaf in a mug sounds good as do the cake in a mug.

I've made some simple soups in a mug like chicken and beef soup. Aside from sweets you can also make porridges and any viand that's water, butter or oil-based as they cook well and fast in a microwave.

Can we omit the oats in it? What is the purpose of it do you use it as an extender or does it add flavor to the dish? I never use oats yet on any food that I prepare but this is quite interesting to know that you can use it on a recipe such as this one. I think I would love to try this it looks quite easy to pull off thanks for sharing.

The oats are just an extender and really adds no flavour. It is the same as adding bread crumbs. It holds the hamburger together. You can make it without the oats.

The oats are just an extender and really adds no flavour. It is the same as adding bread crumbs. It holds the hamburger together. You can make it without the oats.
Oh I see now that gives me an idea what it is really for. You see I tend to follow the recipe down to the smallest detail because I believe if I do that there will be less chances of committing an error. The reason why I love cooking is you have the freedom to try and do your experiment with the ingredients. Who knows I might just be lucky to do something unexpected but positive.

Reactions: L_B
Back
Top Bottom