Meals in mugs

I haven't tried out actual meals, but I've made mug cakes before, and they're wonderful. The few I tried out were soft and moist, and they did taste like actual cake. They're a really nice option when you feel like something sweet quickly and you want a personal portion.

The only 'meal' I've tried out is cooked egg in a mug. When you add some herbs and veggies in with the egg and cook it well, it makes a wonderfully solid and delicious breakfast. The next mug meal I plan to try out is mug french toast, which sounds glorious!

Sometime the mistakes or the adjustments that we make to a recipe comes out tasting better then what the original recipe called for. I am always tweaking my recipes to work for what I like. It usually takes a few attempts to get it perfect but t is always nice to have a recipe as a guideline though. Cooking is fun! Since you posted this meals in a mug post, I have been checking recipes out online and there really doesn't seem to be anything you can't cook in a mug. I am excited to try some of them.

Has anyone heard of Hungry Girl? Her real name is Lisa Lillien and I have three of her cookbooks. She comes up with recipes that are low in calories, fat and sugar, but they are delicious anyway. She also has a show on, I believe, the Food Network. Anyway, Lisa has come up with several meals in mugs. She uses liquid egg substitutes, lots of vegetables, pre-cooked meats (like ham) and low fat cheese. My favorite is "Cup o' chocolate-coconut bread pudding". It's got a packet of low cal hot coca mix, egg substitute, coconut exract, 2 slices of toasted light white bread, mini chocolate chips and 10 mini marshmallows. Cooked in the microwave in a mug and only 215 calories. She also has recipes for Egg Mug Florentine, Egg Mug Burger-Rama, Egg Mcmuggin, Egg Mug Lorraine and Egg Mug Mexicali. And that's in only one cookbook. If you go to her website; Hungry-girl.com you can check out her recipes.

I have heard of the Hungry Girl and have even watched her TV show a few times. Thanks for posting the link to her website. I am going to go check it out. I know I have seen her make some great things on her TV show but I never seen any of her meals in a mug. The ones that you mentioned really sound great. I can't wait to try some of them.

Back
Top Bottom