Meatballs (Plain, Wrapped, Breaded)

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
1:24 AM
My overly active imagination is jamming neural input reception with Meatballs right now and I keep having to rewind the movie I am watching to avoid missing scenes.

There are ways to cook Meatballs, the most common being to bake them or pan fry them. In those cases the Fats can be collected for Gravy.

But my mind keeps jamming on the concept of breading the Meatballs. To me this seems to be sticky business and I wonder whether it should be done after pre-cooking the Meatballs and after collecting the Fats for Gravy. This would certainly allow for deep frying breaded Meatballs. I think if I tried to deep fry raw Meat, the released Fats would make a mess of the cooking oil and cause havoc. Deep frying does not seem a clear option and pan frying, perhaps in a shallow oil might work better.

Certainly, breaded Meatballs can be baked. There are lots of reasons for preferring baking to frying, especially, if the Meatballs might be wrapped, perhaps in Bacon or something else.

I'd be delighted to hear some opinions before tomorrow rolls around. I am likely to have nightmares tonight as I consider methods for tomorrow's challenge project.

Off course, another alternative is to boil Meatballs, like in a soup.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: mjd
My overly active imagination is jamming neural input reception with Meatballs right now and I keep having to rewind the movie I am watching to avoid missing scenes.
I think you should watch the movie "Meatballs," as thinking of meatballs and watching "Meatballs" simultaneously will be like multiplying negatives, and you'll end up with a positive (or something like that). :)

Here's an example of breaded meatballs from Food52:

Breaded Turkey Meatballs Recipe on Food52

I think you should watch the movie "Meatballs," as thinking of meatballs and watching "Meatballs" simultaneously will be like multiplying negatives, and you'll end up with a positive (or something like that). :)

Here's an example of breaded meatballs from Food52:

Breaded Turkey Meatballs Recipe on Food52

I've seen that movie and equate with "Plan 9 From Outer Space." I didn't like either.

Thanks for the link.

Here's my take on Breaded Meatballs which I did for the Alliums Recipe Challenge.

Onion Wrapped Breaded Meatballs

OnionWrappedBreadedMeatballs02.jpg

Click the link to see the recipe and how they are made.

Back
Top Bottom