Medtran, Hows Craig?

...still confused....
we went through this in spades with my grandfather.
multiple doctors prescribing lots of meds without consulting/thinking about 'other meds'
no specifics apply - but indeed if you can get him off everything that is not absolutely essential . . .
I know from personal experience - the human body is not 'all the same' - people 'react' / tolerate drugs in vastly different ways.

the human body is not 'all the same' - people 'react' / tolerate drugs in vastly different ways.
25 years ago I had a girlfriend who was a consultant clinical psychologist. She was obviously because of her training well versed in the above. She explained that two identical patients showing the same symptoms will present different responses to the medication provided. For one the medication recipe will work well. For the other patient not so well. She would then carefully change the medication and dosage using her previous 7 years experience. Every doctor I have met wanted to make me better, I presume I'm not the only one.
but indeed if you can get him off everything that is not absolutely essential .
I presume you mean prescribed meds. How would you decide that ?

if you can get him off everything that is not absolutely essential . . .

I think medtran49 has already done this when he was in hospital (by discussing with the doctors). I know she was concerned he was being 'over prescribed' or at any rate, that some of the drugs were contributing to his confusion. And he did seem to start to improve when weaned off some of them.

I think medtran49 has already done this when he was in hospital (by discussing with the doctors). I know she was concerned he was being 'over prescribed' or at any rate, that some of the drugs were contributing to his confusion. And he did seem to start to improve when weaned off some of them.
Morning Morning I appreciate that, I was responding to Cookies comment.

@Medtran, thanks for the update.

It sounds promising that he's moving from the wheelchair to a rolling walker. Baby steps in the right direction.

Sorry that he still has some cognitive issues but it sounds like you've got a good handle on helping him slowly reconnect the dots. Kudos.

Sorry about your fall. I've done that too and it all happened so fast that it was impossible to prevent the crash landing. I hope you are healing fine. Take it easy as much as you can.

As always, I wish you and Craig the very best.

25 years ago I had a girlfriend who was a consultant clinical psychologist. She was obviously because of her training well versed in the above. She explained that two identical patients showing the same symptoms will present different responses to the medication provided. For one the medication recipe will work well. For the other patient not so well. She would then carefully change the medication and dosage using her previous 7 years experience. Every doctor I have met wanted to make me better, I presume I'm not the only one.

I only listen to one person, and do exactly as my doc tells me to do.my doc I started going to as a teen, he delivered both my kids, his son is my doc now. Very clever people.

Russ

CraigC
Hey Dude. You have been missed. All of your forum friends have missed you and have been concerned about you. Karen has been a real trooper. She has been your champion through thick and thin. You are a lucky man to have her at your side. Man up and work hard on your physical therapy. G had a knee replacement. He cried like a baby during physical therapy.
Take care of you, Take care of Karen.
I send you love and prayers.

Back
Top Bottom