Minneapolis live

Cd, watched them in Dallas last night as well. I'm watching live now from Minneapolis . The cop that killed the guy has 17 complaints against him for similar injustices. 3rd degree murder..... Sounds like a cop out to me.

Russ

Like most of the protest violence in the US, Dallas Police said that it was a small group that committed those acts, late in the protest, when most protesters had gone.

The mayor of Minneapolis said that everyone arrested for looting and violence last night was from out of state. There are people in the world who look for trouble -- or make it.

CD

Like most of the protest violence in the US, Dallas Police said that it was a small group that committed those acts, late in the protest, when most protesters had gone.

The mayor of Minneapolis said that everyone arrested for looting and violence last night was from out of state. There are people in the world who look for trouble -- or make it.

CD

We too sometimes get rent a crowd. Chicagos going off ATM.

Russ

Unfortunately, this morning the governor of Minnesota misspoke and had said that most of the people arrested were from out of state. The local news station got the arrest records and it was the other way around.
Jail records show most arrested in Minneapolis riots have Minnesota addresses

Edited to add governor. I had written it was the mayor. But a lot of the state officials have been saying the same thing.

Last edited:
I read that the governor of Minnesota said that 80% of the people arrested last night were not from Minnesota. So it is either far right extremists and racists, or far left extremists or both doing the majority of the damage. I suspect it's the racists because they would just love a race war. And it looks like they might get it.
Oops I see Jas has corrected me. Well why did he say that? In any case it's all tragic.

I weep for my country and for the African Americans constantly getting killed in the streets.

I really do not know where to start.
All organizations are a microcosm of society - I am speaking specifically about uniformed service. There are the good, the mediocre, the bad and the killers.
I joined the Navy in '82. I was not a child out of high school. I was 3 months shy of my 30th birthday. I did not realize that I had an image of an elite group of dedicated people who were immune to all of the bad things found in society at large. It did not take long for that bubble to burst. Within a few months I heard of every crime imaginable - including murder being committed on military bases.
Police Departments are the same.
In my humble opinion police chiefs and commissioners need to practice more due diligence. When an officer has numerous complaints that should ring a bell. HELLO!!! Pay attention!!! You have a problem child on your hands. If the higher ups do not want to suspend or discharge officer then take the gun away and put the officer on a desk job.
Having served in the military I have a great deal of empathy for all who serve in uniform. That does not excuse the evil that exist.
The other side is public insanity. IDK who you are, how angry you are, how mistreated you feel NO ONE has the right to damage property or cause harm to others. That kind of behavior is not free speech nor is it the right to demonstrate or protest PEACEFULLY. That kind of behavior is criminal - INEXCUSABLE.

Sorry for the rant. Sometimes I need to let it all out.
IDK if those of you across the pond and on the other side of the world have anything similar but in the U.S. all government employees, city, county, state and federal, fall under Civil Service guidelines. Not the military. Fire and Police departments are Civil Service. To keep it simple it is very difficult to fire a Civil Servant. Tons of paperwork, documentation, consultations, yada, yada, yada. I worked in a civilian civil service environment. There was an employee (M) who was as smart as a boulder, lazy, a gossip and a trouble maker. Supervisors wanted to get rid of M. Instead of taking the time to document, consult, and deal with all of the paperwork M was given stellar evaluations and transferred to another facility.
After police killing civilians I hear Police Chiefs and Commissioners giving the "Oh so sad" party line. Give me a break. Historically most of these tragedies involved officers with numerous prior complaints. Where were you Chief and Commissioner?

And I still can't get over that he was only charged with 3rd degree murder when it was blatantly obvious from watching the video that he was methodically and calmly killing the man intentionally.

His wife filed for divorce. I wonder if she had any idea she was married to a monster? Luckily they had no children.

And I still can't get over that he was only charged with 3rd degree murder when it was blatantly obvious from watching the video that he was methodically and calmly killing the man intentionally.

His wife filed for divorce. I wonder if she had any idea she was married to a monster? Luckily they had no children.
Not going there.
The initial charge is just that - initial. The case has to go to the Grand Jury for final indictment(s).

Well it seems like the fix is in, because the charges talk about the victim and "possible underlying health conditions" and also something about the possibility of intoxicants. So it's going to be the same old blame the victim crap. When this guy gets off this country really will burn. Whatever is left of it.

Sorry for the rant. Sometimes I need to let it all out.
IDK if those of you across the pond and on the other side of the world have anything similar but in the U.S. all government employees, city, county, state and federal, fall under Civil Service guidelines. Not the military. Fire and Police departments are Civil Service. To keep it simple it is very difficult to fire a Civil Servant. Tons of paperwork, documentation, consultations, yada, yada, yada. I worked in a civilian civil service environment. There was an employee (M) who was as smart as a boulder, lazy, a gossip and a trouble maker. Supervisors wanted to get rid of M. Instead of taking the time to document, consult, and deal with all of the paperwork M was given stellar evaluations and transferred to another facility.
After police killing civilians I hear Police Chiefs and Commissioners giving the "Oh so sad" party line. Give me a break. Historically most of these tragedies involved officers with numerous prior complaints. Where were you Chief and Commissioner?
Here in the UK our police are held very much accountable, and can easily be dismissed. Any incident involving a death or serious injury will result in the instant suspension of any office involved, even those in the vacinity, and their involvement in the incident will be investigated by a Police Complaints Authority, which is a separate arm of the police completely outside regular command channels. This process is even followed if a death occurs when an officer is in the vacinity, even if they are not involved. For instance, earlier this week a motorcyclist lost control at speed and crashed not far from us. Sadly, he died at the scene. By coincidence, a marked police patrol vehicle was parked up near the site of the crash. Even though the officers from the vehicle were first on the scene and tried to save the injured rider, they have been put under investigation to determine if their presence in any way caused the accident.

Mod.Comment: It may be that there have been a few crossed wires or misunderstandings in this thread. I realise this is an emotive issue but please can I ask members to discuss the matter calmly and politely and to try not to polarise the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom