Recipe Mississippi Mud Pie

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
3:32 PM
gluten free mississippi mud pie.jpg

Ingredients
1 x 8in sweet flan case, uncooked (see sweet pastry case)
100g butter
35g milk chocolate
40g gluten free cocoa powder
2 eggs
120g caster sugar
10ml cream
30g golden syrup
a few drops of vanilla extract

Method
Preheat the oven to 180°c / 350°f / gas mark 4.
Place the butter, chocolate and cocoa into a saucepan and stir together until melted.
Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together until thick and creamy, this will take up to 10 minutes.Use a food mixer if you have one.
Fold in the chocolate mix, cream, golden syrup and vanilla.
Pour into the pastry case and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the top looks firm.
The filling will soufflé but will settle again on cooling.
Serve with pouring cream.

To make this recipe dairy free...
Use dairy free margarine in place of butter and dairy free milk in place of cream in the filling. Use dairy free plain chocolate in place of milk chocolate. This makes a bitter chocolate pie. If you prefer it a bit lighter you can buy dairy free milk chocolate from wholefood shops.

http://www.icedgembakes.co.uk/gluten-free-and-dairy-free-baking-recipes/mississippi-mud-pie/

I've never had Mississippi mud pie before, but it looks lovely, super dense and chocolatey from the pictures. I find that when I have a sweet treat, I want it to be something indulgent and I think this would fit the bill!

That doesn't really look like the Mud pie I have had before but I am certain it would be tasty. One of my favorite desserts in the entire world comes from a restaurant called Red Robin...we have here in the States...It is a ice cream dessert with a chocolate shell, coffee ice cream...and some sort of pecan center topped with whipped cream...I think they call it a mud pie or cake...which is a loose use of the term...but it is fantastic!
Copycat-Red-Robin-Mile-High-Mudd-Pie-175x175.jpg

I have never had it before but it does look really good. My sister used to make something she called mud pie but it didn't look anything like that. It was creamy and was more like a pudding.

I was looking at some old fashioned cookbooks last night, and I saw a recipe for a mud pie. I think I will make it sometime. It combines coffee, chocolate, butter, sugar of course...and you use chocolate bars to top it. Not an everyday dessert, but it would be good for a special occassion..Super Bowl Sunday maybe?? IF it was served with ice cream...it would indeed be super!

I worked in a restaurant that had the mud pie as a dessert, we would warm up the pie and top it with vanilla ice cream. As a chocolate lover I would be over the moon when I got one of these pies..

Back
Top Bottom