Mixing Bowls

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
11:55 AM
I have been paining in my old digs for not having any really large mixing bowls. When I needed a big mixing bowl, I would use a kettle.

Now that I have all this space in my new digs, I've decided to do something about that and ordered two Anchor Hocking 4 Qt. glass mixing bowls which I'll receive later this month.

I don't know what other members have for mixing stuff, maybe little bowls, but I needed something big.

Like Alton Brown, I like multi-taskers. So, I use things that have other uses for mixing bowls. I have a 4-quart Corning glass measuring "cup" that I can use. I also have a big pasta serving bowl that is great for mixing up a two-pound meatloaf. There is also the stainless steel mixing bowl on my KA stand mixer. I can also use a Dutch Oven, or my stir-fry pan. For really big mixing duties, I have stock pots -- one 12-quart and one 16-quart.

For small jobs, like mixing up a small batch of tuna salad for a sandwich, I just use a cereal bowl.

These are all things that have multiple uses. I used to have a three-piece set of mixing bowls, but gave them to the local Thrift Store, because the were redundant, and taking up cabinet space.

CD

I have a set of three Pyrex glass mixing bowls and a set of three Tramontina stainless steel mixing bowls.

I use the glass ones a lot for proofing doughs, mixing eggs (anywhere from two to maybe eight), and egg/tuna/chicken salads, as well as other salads, like potato/pasta salad.

The metal ones I use for lettuce salads, slaws, and the main reason I bought those was the size of the biggest one - it's massive, and I use it a lot for messing things that need contained, like tossing chicken wings in hot sauce.

I also use them as covers - I'll rest meat on a plate and instead of putting foil on top, I'll grab a mixing bowl, or when I want a diner-style burger, I'll pop one over a burger, with a little water added to get steam going.

Way back when, someone opened a topic on what advice old me would give young me, and one thing I said then was to get a bigger bowl than you think you need. I like a big bowl for mixing things. :)

Here are my mixing bowls, the two stacked together are just for egg white and whipped cream.
img_20210412_174215735504844301644814.jpg

Stay healthy

I use glass, plastic, and earthenware bowls for doing 90% of mixing, proving and many other uses. I also use small ramekin's for small amounts and weigh everything out then line them up in the order of use. If I don't do this I forget to include something that should have been mixed in way before. :happy:

The floral deco bowl is a salad bowl, have two of these, gifted by my Mom, after moving to my now home, after divorcing. They might even be my Grandma's. Love them.

The see-through glass one was sold as Jamie Oliver's recommendation, had all the coupons in the supermarket...have good lids on. Have two.

The one was used recently for my pickled eggs and veges. The other is for bits and bobs.

The two in the front are breakfast bowls, but look larger...

The plastic tall one is a measuring container.

My new large mixing bowls won't arrive until April 21st, so this is the alternative that I will be using today to do my fruit salad recipe.

AlternativeLargeMixingBowl.jpg

You get the idea from this, why I have been paining to get some real 4 qt. mixing bowls.

My new large mixing bowls won't arrive until April 21st, so this is the alternative that I will be using today to do my fruit salad recipe.

View attachment 61374

You get the idea from this, why I have been paining to get some real 4 qt. mixing bowls.
No problem. You do what you have to do. As long as they are clean and big enough, they work.

Some how, FedEx claims to have delivered the mixing bowls early on April 16th. But I never received them.

I started a case and they are investigating. In the mean time, tonight, I contacted Walmart to let them know that I did not get the bowls and they are contacting their seller to get replacements shipped and to boot, they gave me a promo code worth $25. The bowls cost about $38.

Some how, FedEx claims to have delivered the mixing bowls early on April 16th. But I never received them.

I started a case and they are investigating. In the mean time, tonight, I contacted Walmart to let them know that I did not get the bowls and they are contacting their seller to get replacements shipped and to boot, they gave me a promo code worth $25. The bowls cost about $38.
Gosh...hope you get them, and get them soon!
I had a skirt travel from Uk to me for 3 months, but it was Covid, postal services were stopped/delayed for a while...finally got it some time ago, and it is wonderful. Very good skirt for a very good price, it was off of off sale price👍
But yours is different...I am confident, it will be delivered.🍀

The Walmart vendor for the mixing bowls emailed last night to apologize for uploading the wrong tracking number and that this is what caused the confusion. They believe the order for the mixing bowls will arrive on Tuesday, this coming week.

Back
Top Bottom