Monthly cheese club

Lol, I remember a meme I saw recently, a chick pulling her knickers down, it said , oh, you ride a triumph, I won't be needing these then,lol.

Russ
My brother owns two Triumphs, I'll have to find that for him.

Harvey's Bristol Cream, at least here, has a very strong association with faux sophistication. Back in the '70's, there was an ad campaign with slinky women, and smooth men, and the way to get girl to stay for breakfast, so to speak, was to let her know you had a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream, then as soon as she realized that, all her no, no, no protestations turned into yes, yes, yes, why am I still in this dress? :laugh:

Lol, I remember a meme I saw recently, a chick pulling her knickers down, it said , oh, you ride a triumph, I won't be needing these then,lol.

Russ

Not a hint of sexist :headshake: :stop:

I am nether upset nor offended, just glad times have moved on.

Yeah times have changed eh? I was at the pub about a year ago when a guy I know slightly ( his names Mike) was talking about a horse trainer who I know. The trainer is gay and everyone knows, anyhow Mike had a beef with the trainer, we talked about it, when mike said, well he's one of them isn't, bloody strange. I looked into his eyes and asked him what he meant, he then said he's a poof. Then I said to his face its 2018 Mike, and you have views like that. Then walked away. I saw him about a week later and he apologised for talking the way he did. We get on better now. In fact I admire him for thinking it through logically.
:)

Russ

Yeah times have changed eh? I was at the pub about a year ago when a guy I know slightly ( his names Mike) was talking about a horse trainer who I know. The trainer is gay and everyone knows, anyhow Mike had a beef with the trainer, we talked about it, when mike said, well he's one of them isn't, bloody strange. I looked into his eyes and asked him what he meant, he then said he's a poof. Then I said to his face its 2018 Mike, and you have views like that. Then walked away. I saw him about a week later and he apologised for talking the way he did. We get on better now. In fact I admire him for thinking it through logically.
:)

Russ

In this day and age homophobia is alive and well :facepalm:

Cheese club this evening, forgot to post at the beginning so the Red Leicester isn't in this pic. The stuff you buy in shops is generally rubbery and flavourless but from the deli it is firm and tasty.
From the top clockwise:
Comte 36 month aged unpasteurised cows milk, a firm nutty cheese-nice but not something I would buy.

Gorwydd Caerphilly: unpasteurised cows milk-ok but not much flavour.

Picos Blue (Valdeon) unpasteurised, mix milk: Our buddy Graham and myself are big blue cheese fans but this stuff was not nice. There were 5 of us on our table this evening and non if us liked it" it tasted like chemicals.

Fun evening though.

Last night's cheese club.
L-R: Tomme Fumee-unpasteurised cows semi soft, smoked
Pecorino-pasteurised sheeps Italian, semi soft.
Brebis de Pyrenees-unpasteurised sheeps Alpine style
Montagnolo Affine-pasteurised cows German soft blue.

The blue was by far the best, very creamy and a lovely flavour, we bought some of this because it was so good

Back
Top Bottom