More Cookery Books.

On the topic of cookery books - anyone still buy 'celebrity' cook books? I got disillusioned (and snapped out of my naivete) when I found out that some of them (Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson) don't even write them themselves, so I stopped buying them. I suppose I should have deduced that myself based on how could they possibly find the time...

Which of them actually write their own?
The only "celebrity" books I have are from America's Test Kitchen, Jacques Pepin, and Laura Calder.

I can't open this one either... :ohmy:

3rd time’s a charm:

A32C4C46-DD3F-4E19-AA82-1E1D3A651DCC.jpeg

We gave away about 300 books last week after a clean out, wife kept 30 that she liked, then sold them on poo pourri book. $25, doubt I'll see that,lol.

Russ

On the topic of cookery books - anyone still buy 'celebrity' cook books? I got disillusioned (and snapped out of my naivete) when I found out that some of them (Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson) don't even write them themselves, so I stopped buying them. I suppose I should have deduced that myself based on how could they possibly find the time...

Which of them actually write their own?

I was gifted a Mario Batali cookbook. I've gotten inspiration from it, but haven't made any of the recipes verbatim. It has been helpful in understanding what kind of seasonings work with different dishes.

CD

Back
Top Bottom