More Kitchen Toys!!

Ordered THIS & it came. I think that it's the last of the style of bakeware that RR first came out with. She has new stuff out now, I think. And of course, I got it in my favorite color, orange!! Hah!! :whistling:
:whistling:

Last edited:
Because I have fairly chronic tendon issues in my right hand (my entire right arm is pretty much hosed these days), I had to break down and buy a jar opener:

The rubber disk stores in the handle and is meant to steady a jar and keep it from slipping. The other bit slides over most any jar and grips it really tightly.

I’ve used it on small caps, like sticky maple syrup bottles, and big ones, like pickle jars, and it’s worked well so far.

Because I have fairly chronic tendon issues in my right hand (my entire right arm is pretty much hosed these days), I had to break down and buy a jar opener:

View attachment 82810
View attachment 82809

The rubber disk stores in the handle and is meant to steady a jar and keep it from slipping. The other bit slides over most any jar and grips it really tightly.

I’ve used it on small caps, like sticky maple syrup bottles, and big ones, like pickle jars, and it’s worked well so far.
Way ahead of you buddy! Got this a while ago. I was so sick of trying to get stuck jar lids open also! What a pain that was!! :whistling:

What are they?

They are the Ziplok-style vacuum seal bags that you'd vacuum seal small things in, like cold cuts, cheese, small pieces of meat, etc. The advantage of them are that you don't have to cut them open with a knife or scissors, like you would with the regular large bags. They zip closed, allowing you to zip them closed again & re-vacuum seal them at the little vacuum hole. They come in 3 sizes; small, medium & large. They can be used in the fridge or in the freezer. You get 15 in all!

:whistling:

Last edited:
They are the Ziplok-style vacuum seal bags that you'd vacuum seal small things like cold cuts, cheese, skmall pieces of meat, etc. The advantage of them are that you don't have to cut them with a knife or scissors, like you would with large bags. They zip closed, allowing you to zip them closed again & re-vacuum seal them a the little vacuum hole. :whistling:
So you can reuse them or no? I have seen reusable bags made out of some silicon material I wanted to try.

So you can reuse them or no? I have seen reusable bags made out of some silicon material I wanted to try.
Yes you can reuse them again, & again, & again, saving you from having to buy them again, unless you just want more of them. There's an accessory port to the right of the control panel on this machine that I bought that lets you vacuum seal the bags. :whistling:

Last edited:
I just remembered that I DO have a meat grinder quite similar to THIS one! It is made completely from metal, except for the wooden pusher! This was long before it was ever made from plastic! It came with an old vintage Hobart model G mixer that I got from Ebay. It looks similar to the Hobart N-50 mixer & it still works!! :whistling:

Last edited:
I've tried using the fingerhole but it wasn't really comfortable. I just hold it as a normal chef's knife and it's adequate. I like the weight and the balance.

I was brave enough to chop garlic with it yesterday.

Today I was peeling and slicing garlic for salsa.

I didn't cut my finger during the slicing but I inadvertently (obviously) pulled the knife across the tip of my index finger when removing the garlic slices from the blade. It was a minor skin removal but it did bleed. I couldn't fix a plaster as it was right on the end of the finger so I wrapped around some kitchen paper and secured it with a rubber band. What a subsequent palava then trying to complete the garlic and onion peeling/slicing.

It is the first mishap that I've had with the knife.

Today I was peeling and slicing garlic for salsa.

I didn't cut my finger during the slicing but I inadvertently (obviously) pulled the knife across the tip of my index finger when removing the garlic slices from the blade. It was a minor skin removal but it did bleed. I couldn't fix a plaster as it was right on the end of the finger so I wrapped around some kitchen paper and secured it with a rubber band. What a subsequent palava then trying to complete the garlic and onion peeling/slicing.

It is the first mishap that I've had with the knife.

I's truly not fun getting your hands or fingers cut in the kitchen! I've had that mishap many times, professionally & at home. :yuck:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom