Recipe Mustard Sauce

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
5:22 AM
I have used this to accompany barbecued pork. Unfortunately I have not found any images up to now.

Ingredients

3 tblsp Butter
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 tsp English mustard powder
1 oz Plain flour
8 fl oz Milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook over a very low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the flour and mustard powder and cook over low heat for about a minute. Whisk in the milk a little at a time. Cook and whisk until the mixture bubbles and thickens. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.

jerry.gif

I was so engrossed in looking for an image and only finding one of mushroom sauce that I related it to the incorrect thread.

I blame the beer!

I was writing one up as well... Oh well. I think mine takes a touch longer to make mind you... It has a sitting in the fridge period which I suspect is going to be impossible in this household! But mine is made from yellow and black mustard seeds... I shall have to get it online before anyone else posts any mustard recipes otherwise MG is going to have so many jars of mustard to taste test she won`t run out until the end of the decade! :D :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom